Why become a member? ×

Should I sell my gallien Krueger fusion 550 head ..recommend me a combo???

patrikmarky

I'm thinking off getting rid of my gallien Krueger fusion 550 head which will include a korg rack mounted tuner this is all built into a 3u case....anyone got any recommendations for a nice loud ,compact combo I'm
Thinking possibly mark bass though the new ampeg combo's are getting good reviews ..I don't really want 300 watts then 500 watts with an extension cab ....My cab at the moment is a genz Benz 2x 12...
Anyone got any recommendations ...we playing anything from deep purple through to pearl jam..muse ..Metallica ect ...

I've just bought a Fender Rumble 500. This was coming from a Hartke LH1000, Laney NX410 & 115

I will be using it for the first time tonight at a gig with pa support and tomorrow night at one without. I will be using the Laney cab as well tomorrow to get me more speaker surface area. I will be using the Yamaha so it'll be interesting to see how it handles the low B.

I'll try and leave a first impressions review on Saturday if I remember.

Edited by Delberthot

They're made in Indonesia.

The way I think it happened from what I read was that Fender bought Genz Benz, closed the company down in 2013 and in 2014 they released the new Rumble range using GB technology.

Check out the Rumble thread on Talkbs. Obviously many fanboys on there and a brief mention that I was getting one resulted in a membership number (yippee) but lots of useful info.

It's too early to tell from tonight's gig and especially since I'm using a different bass to normal with roundwound strings but the sound was big and punchy. The guys in the band and the sound engineer commented on how good it sounded. It's also very loud for a combo, especially one coming in under 17kgs.

It also coped incredibly well with the low B with no tailing off in volume or even hint of distortion the lower down I played

Edited by Delberthot