Why become a member? ×

Quick cab question

Thunderbird

Hi guys I have a TC amp and I have always used one cab with it I now have another cab and am wondering how to connect my speakons would I be right in thinking that I go from amp to Input on the first cab and then do I put another speakon lead lead in to link on the first cab and then the one from link to the to input on the second cab? I cannot find anything in the instructions about linking the cabs sorry if it is a daft question but I have never used multiple cabs before

Thanks in advance

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1421871988' post='2666117']
Either:

Amp -> cab1 -> cab2

Or, if the amp has 2 outputs you could go

Amp1 -> cab1
Amp2 -> cab2

Either way, the load presented to the amp is the same.
[/quote] Thanks Ian so I can put the lead to the second cab in input or link and I wont fry anything then ?

There's a theoretical advantage if you have two outputs from the amp to run one to each cab, as if you daisy-chain cabs, the signal to the second one passes through two leads and four connections. I doubt very much that you'd hear any difference unless you were using particularly dreadful leads.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1421874466' post='2666153']
Thanks Ian so I can put the lead to the second cab in input or link and I wont fry anything then ?
[/quote]

Yup. Electrically, they're normally parallel connections, both connected together. Unless they're unusual cabs, the only difference twixt the two (input & link) is how they're labelled.