Why become a member? ×

Line6 Bass Pod

rmorris

Talking about the original (not XT etc) Kidney bean shaped unit.
I had one and didn't feel I got much from it and sold it.
Another came up cheap enough so I thought I'd give it another go.
Not used it for a while but just got it plugged in ( into Mixer XChannel / Monitor Speaker setup ).
Scrolling through the amp modelsat 50% Drive setting and tone controls at 12 o'clock I just don't get much of a 'feel' from it except for Amp Models 'SUB DUB' (obvious) and 'AMP 360' (based it says on Acoustic 360 amp) p[lus the straight 'Tube Preamp' setting might be generally useful.
I know there's endless permutations of Models / DRIVE settings plus EQ including Mid Sweep where available plus Compression parameter even before I get to the effects - But I was wondering:[list]
[*]What is the general opinion on the origibnal Bass Pod as there doesn't seem to be a great deal of enthusiasm for it compared to the Guitar version ?
[*]Are later versions - XT etc a significant improvement ?
[/list]
Thanks in advance for your input

I should probably mention that I also have the Line6 Pod Version 2 (for Guitar). Not used that for a while but it is much more of a sonic 'hit' when used on Guitar.
For comparison to the Bass Pod - Both Sansamp BDDI and Behringer BD121 sound more convincing to my ears and several 'Amp Modelling' pedals from Joyo etc do a pretty good job even if targeted more at Electric Guitar.

Edited by rmorris

I have a PODxt for guitar, and I always found it to be quite good with bass too (I use the HiWatt & Plexi models with various 4x12 cab models). Bizarrely, I tried the 4x10 cabs, but the 4x12 models simply gave a sweeter tone.

I briefly had a Bass V-Amp 2, and was distincly unimpressed with it, I just couldn't get it to sound right. Took it back to the shop within a week.

Sometime later, I bought a Bass PODxt, and again, it was seriously unimpressive compared to the guitar version that I had been using up to then. Sold it on after a couple of months.

I know this is neither useful or particularly helpful, but do I think that the way ahead with amp modellers is to play about with them until you find something that meets what you think is a good sound.

Interesting topic.
I have toneport ux1. ( USB audio interface ).
I find the presets really good .
There are loads . Not so many bass ones .

I used to have a behringet v amp pro .
Awful instructions, and pretty poor IMHO .

I find that rather than use line 6 pods, you're probably better getting a decent amp and of you require effects , then buy them seperately.
That way, the sound you're getting from your favourite amp is pure

I gigged the Bass Pod Pro XT (rack mount) for a couple of years and I thought it was excellent.

As with all such things - you must bin the presents and start from scratch at gig volume.

I was in a covers band with a set list of 60 tunes ranging from 1960s to current and the versatility was brilliant.