Why become a member? ×

Fender 1983 US Standard Precision WITHDRAWN FROM SALE.
£875

Wayne Firefly

Fender 1983 US Standard Precision Bass.

All original apart from replacement pots but the CTS correctly dated originals are included.
The only issue which is pictured is the small piece of wood below the nut / across the top of the truss rod adjuster hole is missing.
I have no idea what Im doing as far as pics are concerned so if you'd like I can email loads more, just message me with an email address and Ill get back to you ASAP !!
Non original hardcase included.
Want to sell to finance Zon Billy Gould GAS. (nearly there !!!)

Great player, wide, thin neck, over 30 years old so I guess it qualifies as getting towards vintage (ahem)...
If it dosent sell then I think Ill just sit on it till 2023 when it turns 40 and try again !!!!
Fender's attempt at getting back to basics back in '83.
Last of the Fullerton Standards before the takeover.
Raised the necessary funds for a Zon !!!
No need to sell !!!

Edited by Wayne Firefly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Wayne Firefly' timestamp='1424614755' post='2698272']
Cheers mate, thanks for the kind words !! Id like to see pics of the 84, just out of interest and being a total gearhead !!! Sounds great !!
[/quote]

Happy to oblige!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just few words. Technically this cannot be called an American Standard Precision bass. American Standard Precision basses, firstly appeared in 1995 (in 1985 the first American Standard Jazz Bass). They all had (and still have) the strings passing through the body, and they were all produced in the Corona plant. This is what we usually call a "Precision E3 series" and was the last Precision bass serie to be made in the old Fullerton plant. Beautiful instrument: their value is increasing

Hi, thanks for the info of how people term them these days !! Im not too up on the online jargon terms if Im honest !!!!! I know the 'American Standards' were released in '95, I remember the copies of Frontline and the magazine reviews of them etc etc. BUT on the other hand, the 1983 Standard Precision is the title I was led to believe it was.......

Edited by Wayne Firefly

Yes, it's confusing.

I have a USA 1983 Jazz bass that I have seen styled in books both as a "Jazz Bass Standard" and a "Standard Jazz Bass". The moniker "Standard" has been around since then for both Precision and Jazz basses. It was when the company was nearing the end of the CBS era and preparing to sell. Important changes were made at the time like a heavier bridge, biflex truss rod. new design tuners, strap locks and - for the Jazz - a one-piece pickguard/control cover.

Hope this helps but have a bump anyway!