Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SCR-DI

bartelby

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1422191784' post='2669618']
Hmm, I would expect closer to £279, given the way the pound-dollar usually works for us. £249, perhaps, which would put it above its competitors.

The Scrambler side needs to be good to justify that, for sure.
[/quote]

Just to be pedantic, few American's will actually pay that price as each state applies sales tax. So that price is before sales tax and therefore also before VAT.

But agree that it needs to be competitively priced against Sansamp, 3Leaf, etc.

I like the headphone socket as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1440706021' post='2853203']
Well I now have one ordered. Will update once arrived and played, both home and band use.
[/quote]
Makes 2 of us now Lozz, just unloaded my Tonehammer pedal and going to try one of these for a change.

Well I now have mine, and can cheerfully confirm it is a very nice pedal. Gets that classic SVT-type grind that I like. Having only had it a couple of days I found my sound and left it at that as was gigging with it tonight. Had an audience member state he loved my bass sound - it was DI`d FOH from the SCR-DI, so pretty pleased about that.

I`ll tinker around and find other sounds just for my own amusement at home as well though. One part I really like is the blend option for the Scrambler. You can get some very nice distorted sounds with this, trial and error of course, but for anyone liking gain/breakup I reckon they`d be pretty happy with this pedal just for that alone, though maybe fairly expensive for just an OD.

Lastly, as I`ve read a few reviews that state it squeals on the DI if the batteries are low I`ve at long last taken to using a PSU. About time too, should save a bit on batteries.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1442018375' post='2863911']
Well I now have mine, and can cheerfully confirm it is a very nice pedal. Gets that classic SVT-type grind that I like. Having only had it a couple of days I found my sound and left it at that as was gigging with it tonight. Had an audience member state he loved my bass sound - it was DI`d FOH from the SCR-DI, so pretty pleased about that.

I`ll tinker around and find other sounds just for my own amusement at home as well though. One part I really like is the blend option for the Scrambler. You can get some very nice distorted sounds with this, trial and error of course, but for anyone liking gain/breakup I reckon they`d be pretty happy with this pedal just for that alone, though maybe fairly expensive for just an OD.

Lastly, as I`ve read a few reviews that state it squeals on the DI if the batteries are low I`ve at long last taken to using a PSU. About time too, should save a bit on batteries.
[/quote]

Thanks Lozz, that's what I was hoping to hear.
I just flogged off my old Catlinbread SFT, so was thinking I can use this to replace it and also use it for recording at home etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine's just arrived, short play at home with it and first impression is pretty good! Solid and built to last like the TH I swapped out for this,
Practice tomorrow and I might try it in front of the Rumble, gig on Friday where I might not need it as the backline is supplied and it's the fridge 810 :)
Have some recording that needs doing next week so definitely be trying it out.

Fun and games and new toys :)

• 2 weeks later...

After using mine for a bit now, I can say it doesn't need to go in front of my Rumble set-up (that sounds great as is) but I have used it in-front of other heads (backline) and for recording and it's been very handy.
On the downside the batteries go very quickly and have noticed it's a lot quieter on a 12v power supply to a 9v. Even tho it says it can run both.
Liking it a lot.

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1443720036' post='2877181']
Just a minor concern...those chickenhead knobs look very easy to knock. How stiff are the pots ? (Fnaar, etc)
[/quote]
Hasn't bothered me so far. I do have to check the settings each time I set up tho.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1442018375' post='2863911'] Well I now have mine, and can cheerfully confirm it is a very nice pedal. Gets that classic SVT-type grind that I like. Having only had it a couple of days I found my sound and left it at that as was gigging with it tonight. Had an audience member state he loved my bass sound - it was DI`d FOH from the SCR-DI, so pretty pleased about that. I`ll tinker around and find other sounds just for my own amusement at home as well though. One part I really like is the blend option for the Scrambler. You can get some very nice distorted sounds with this, trial and error of course, but for anyone liking gain/breakup I reckon they`d be pretty happy with this pedal just for that alone, though maybe fairly expensive for just an OD. Lastly, as I`ve read a few reviews that state it squeals on the DI if the batteries are low I`ve at long last taken to using a PSU. About time too, should save a bit on batteries. [/quote]

Hi Lozz, have you tried a Sansamp? If so, how did they compare mate?