Why become a member? ×

New mxr bass distortion!

Patchbass

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1422008251' post='2667624']
Good result for Fuzzrocious, excellent (and indeed personally encouraging!) to see a small company get a win like this. Would have been good to see more of the Rat Tail-style modifications implemented, but I can't imagine Ryan is going to be disappointed about this in any way whatsoever!
[/quote]

It's also great to see one of the bigger companies actually listening to what people want, instead of just blindly adding clean blend to stock guitar pedals. I'm looking forward to trying this. It still surprises me that EHX have never done something similar with the muff, the stock models are pretty poor...

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1422058093' post='2668401']
though guitar guitar seem to have an indian soap opera clip for a demo!! WTF!

[url="http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/pedals_s_detail.asp?stock=15012215470158"]http://www.guitargui...=15012215470158[/url]
[/quote]

Best pedal demo video ever.

Different pedal bud, the MXR Bass Overdrive has been out for a while, this Bass Distortion was just announced at NAMM.
The pedal was designed with Ryan from Fuzzrocious and will probably hit UK stores around March from what I hear.

Si

• 4 weeks later...

I tried it out, both at NAMM and at the Jim Dunlop HQ the week after (there's video of me playing through it floating around on FB)

I LOVED it - I'm a fan of the Bass Overdrive too, but this thing has a much wider range of possible sounds, with the two completely different types of overdrive.

Yer man at Fuzzrocious has done an incredible job.

I definitely want one - will see if I can include it in my pedal masterclass at LBGS :)

Steve

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1422093540' post='2668554']
NAMM = Not Available, Maybe May lol
[/quote]

Bueno :)

Not really a fan of the Rat sound but that pedal does do what it does well.

Good on Ryan at Fuzzrocious, I wish him the best of luck with his collaborations with MXR.

Ryan @ Fuzzrocious is seriously one of the good guys, so glad this is looking like it will blow up for him. MXR make great stuff, with a great staff behind them, hopefully this will also put a load of people onto Fuzzrocious.

Si