Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM-600-RC-EVO IV amp, anybody know more?

largo

I've always had a soft spot for Ashdown, don't ask me why. Guessing it's the fact they are a UK company and that the majority of the bass players in bands I like seem to play these amps live. Owned a couple over the years and always got a great tone from the ABM amps.

Anyway, I came across this link today [url="http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Ashdown-ABM-600RC-EVO-IV-Bass-Head/16AO#full-des"]http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Ashdown-ABM-600RC-EVO-IV-Bass-Head/16AO#full-des [/url]

Anybody know any more? Guessing it's a NAMM release.

The EVO IV range is being announced at NAMM, as is the new Tone Man range which I think is going to be similar to the new-ish Rootmaster products but with possibly more features or a different EQ.

Here are the details of the EVO IV 1200 from dv247:

http://www.dv247.com/namm/ashdown-abm-1200-evo-iv-bass-guitar-amplifier-head--216442

I used to use the Sub-Octave quite a lot in my last band... found it useful when following guitar riffs higher up the neck to keep some of the beef there. Not a fan of compressors generally but used to use the one on my EB combo when I was first experimenting.

Really looking forward to trying an EVO IV ABM... my EVO III 900 is great, but those 2 extra EQ bands and a bit more on tap from the valve drive would be great. Price tag looks a little on the steep side though at £1499 for the 1200... pretty much twice what an EVO III 900 will set you back at the moment

[quote name='BruceBass3901' timestamp='1422015439' post='2667743']
The EVO IV range is being announced at NAMM, as is the new Tone Man range which I think is going to be similar to the new-ish Rootmaster products but with possibly more features or a different EQ.
[/quote]

Where is info on this Tone Man range of which you speak? Seen all the other bits (in fact have preordered the RM800!) but not seen the Tone Man stuff. Colour me intrigued...

Check on the Thomman site Merton...it is listed but without many details and no pictures yet. Nothing mentioned by Ashdown yet but I'm sure we will see something soon!

Currently listed is a head, a couple of combos and a few cabs including an 810. Might be the new line to fill the gap that used to be filled by the MAG range since that all moved to the Rootmaster range. Just speculation on my part though :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1422015806' post='2667746']
Be interesting to see these in the flesh. They make a big deal of the compression and sub octave features, but does anyone actually use them? I have two AMB500s and an EB combo and never use either of these 'features'.
[/quote] I use them all the time , The overdrive for Stranglers / Yes stuff , Comp & Sub for Peter Gabriel stuff .