Why become a member? ×

Amps and cabs Tc and Ampeg namely. Possibly markbass

sumorabbit

Hi peeps, just a few questions for some of you more obsessive gear swappers and hoarders if I may have a moment of your time.

I currently have an Ampeg pf-500 with a pf-210 and pf-115. After six months with this rig playing mostly weddings and parties and 90% of which I go through the PA as well, I'm really not getting on with coloring of the sound. I recently tried a TC Rh450 and here lies the issue. It wipes the floor with my PF500 (in my opinion).

I've recently gone back to being a student and have had to quit my day job, I survive on gig money and teaching money mostly for now. I think I've decided I want an RH450 but I can't afford to buy the cabs to go with it at the moment. Has anyone here ever tried the RH450 with those Ampeg pf cabs an does it sound ok? I don't know anyone with an RH450 that I could test it with.

Also

Markbass a contender for around the same price as an rh450?

I'm after a warmer sound than the pf-500, it sounds very clinical to me.

Thanks peeps!

Sweet I may make the dive then. It's just a case of Rh450 v Rh750 methinks. I've never tried a Markbass before and nowhere this end of the UK seems to stock one for me to try.

Would the rh750 be ok with the two 450 watt ampeg cabs? I will replce these furhther down the line just not for another year or so