Why become a member? ×

BH250 Went Bang

Thunderbird

Well I am not to happy right now I just turned on my 8 month old TC BH250 and it gave the loudest bang some nice blue sparks and a nice puff of black smoke not to mention it made me sh*t my pants so I am guessing the head is toast :( I just sent Andertons where I bought it an email about it as it is in warranty as less than a year old I really dont fancy having it repaired as my confidence has now gone in it do you think they will change it for a new one? or if not do you think they would let me put extra money towards a dearer amp head from them? grrrrr no bass playing for a while now

I would imagine it'll be an offer of a repair unless it's so badly damaged that it's a write-off; I wouldn't suspect a repaired head to be any more likely to fail than a new one (which yours clearly was 8 months ago) and it might actually get a bit more hands on testing than something straight off a production line. Hope you get it sorted ASAP whatever the outcome.

Thanks Howie :) Well can't knock Andertons for service they got back to me within an hour and on a Sunday too so Excellent :) it looks like it will be the repair route or replace if it is shagged but I am still waiting to see if I can put the extra dosh and buy something else as I can see me being without my head for quite some time :( the only reason I do not really like repairs is due to a bad non related bass repair in the past. So we shall see what happens I did a bit of googling about the amp fault and it could well be the power board?

• 3 weeks later...

Bought myself a BH250 6 months ago and twice it's broken on me, first time was a few weeks after I bought it, the toneprint knob wasn't working at all, and the the second time, exactly what was described here happened to me after plugging into a BC212 cab! Good thing it has a 2 year warranty!

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1423601789' post='2687000']
Well my amp has been fixed they changed everything inside so it is a new amp basically and also on a positive note I would like to thank Andertons on there fantastic customer service what a great bunch of lads :)
[/quote]

Good news; well done, all. B)
(... [i]and now that you have a good repair address, how about sending them your keyboard to get the punctuation keys fixed, eh..?[/i] :lol: :P )

• 3 weeks later...