Why become a member? ×

close please
£2600

Rabbie

Hi guys,
Thank you very much for the lovely trade offers, but may I please point you to the listing and the fact that I am ONLY open to trade with carved double basses.
Electric basses and EUBs are of no use to me whatsoever I'm afraid, but thank you very much for offering anyway.
All the best.

The bass tutor at Sorefingers bluegrass weekend, Ben Somers, had one of these. A complete lookalike of Rabbie's bass. It was truly a classy instrument, made beautifully and the seams for the fold out portion in the rear were perfectly executed. Lovely thing!

Thanks Geoff, nice coming from an ace player like you. It's a great design. I'm happy to just sell it if no suitable trades offers come in of course, in fact it may be easier. If the buyer collects it I can show them how to fold and unfold. If shipped, I will enclose the original DVD from Charlie, very quick and idiot proof, trust me.

Forgot to mention: the bass comes with
- Upton Revolution Solo Pickup installed
- Feedback-killer tension screw from Blast Cult installed in the bridge, which you slightly tighten and the feedback goes away (works with any piezo in case you wanna change pickup)
- and more importantly of course the original flight case is included with all the latches in good working order.
Goodies.... And thank you for the offers so far.

Joey Glynn the bass player from Pokey Lafarge uses a Chadwick on tour. I had a bit craic with him when they played Newcastle's Clunny gig and he demo'ed the breaking down of the bass. I couldn't believe how small it all looked when packed away. He had a killer tone with his Chadwick. Wish I had the dosh, not many of these basses in Europe. Good luck with the sale Rabbie.

Thanks mate, yes I have seen Joe of Pokey LaFarge with it too, nice guy and bass player and indeed great live tone. May I say it is easy to get a good live tone. The internal modification to make the bass fold make it a little stiffer acoustically but totally focused and resistant to feedback on stage: I played big open air festivals with not even a hint of feedback and yet still sounding very much double bass.

Please note I added 3 photos of the flight case. Whilst the bass in in almost pristine condition, the flight case bears a couple of scrapes here and there as it has been well used, although it is still in good solid shape and full working order.