Why become a member? ×

SOLD For Sale YAMAHA PACIFICA 112V ELECTRIC ALDER BODY GUITAR SUPER STRAT MAJOR UPGRADES
£100

[b]YAMAHA PACIFICA 112V ELECTRIC ALDER BODY GUITAR SUPER STRAT MAJOR UPGRADES[/b]
For sale is my Yamaha Pacifica 112v Sunburst with rosewood neck. A recent purchase off Ebay this guitar is a superb buy in itself and in excellent condition having won the best sub £300 guitar category for the last 10 years. Its been heavily modified with over £200 spent on upgrades. Its had a Wilkinson trem fitted for more mass stability, with a heavy steel block at cost of £40 The Bridge and Neck pickup have been replaced with Boutique pickups by London Luthier and pickup guru Monty's Guitars, cost £150.
They are a GT500 in the bridge and a vintage strat in the neck. The pots have also been upgraded to US parts and the volume pot has a treble bleed network so you don't loose clarity when you turn the volume control.

Its a lovely pro guitar but unfortunately just doesn’t give me the sound i need

Here is the info from the original purchase via Ebay

Hi, for sales is my Yamaha Pacifica 112 V. It's been my backup guitar for the last year but being more of a Gibson type player I have decided to replace it with a shorter scale length guitar to stick to a feel I know and love.
Although it started out as a fairly cheap instrument it's been majorly upgraded and is actually quite a nice player and sounds good too. I have used it exclusively for a solid months touring in Israel, last November, and it's worked very well and very reliably with not problems and no string breaking although it was played every single night for a whole month on the trott.
It has been upgraded and modded.
The trem has been replaced with a Wilkinson Trem with bent steel saddles and a steel sustain block, cost £40.
The Bridge and Neck pickup have been replaced with Boutique pickups by London Luthier and pickup guru Monty's Guitars, cost £150.
They are a GT500 in the bridge and a vintage strat in the neck. Here is a link to his site. His pickups are used by many pro's including the Bands Vintage Trouble and Biffy Clyro, amongst others.
http://www.montysguitars.com/
The middle pickup has been removed as I never use it and prefer the 5 way switch to also work as a automatic coil tap for the bridge humbucker.
Position 1 is Humbucker full on, position 2 and 3 are Humbucker coil tapped, position 4 is humbucker coil tapped with neck single coil, position 5 is neck single coil.
This way it works and sounds more like a supercharged Telecaster, in a way.
It's in decent condition, the frets are good but there are a couple of minor small dents in the back but nothing to be worried about.
The pots have also been upgraded to US parts and the volume pot has a treble bleed network so you don't loose clarity when you turn doen the volume control.
The body os proper alder and the neck is maple with a rosewood fingerboard. The neck is very comfortable, not too thin and not too thick.
I know that I will not get the monetary value of the guitar back but I am happy to cut my losses and move the guitar on to a happy new owner.
Alternatively I would be happy to take the pickups and the trem out and sell the guitar as a project without electronics and original trem for somewhere around £70?
There is no gigbag or case but the guitar will be well packed up or you can collect in London.
You will also get the original trem as part of the deal.

[attachment=182031:$_57.JPG]

Edited by Bobs