Why become a member? ×

NBD - Epiphone Jack Casady

FinnDave

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1422510969' post='2673502']
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^^^^^

Neepheid, thanks for that, I think, quite impressive what lightweight tuners can do, how much are they?
Got a cure for falling forward? (the bass I mean, not me) then I'll buy one. :happy:
[/quote]

I got my set of four second hand, can't remember how much it was, £60 maybe?

I don't get the falling forward thing - doesn't one's forearm prevent that from happening while you're playing?

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1422611585' post='2674535']
I don't get the falling forward thing - doesn't one's forearm prevent that from happening while you're playing?
[/quote]

That's exactly what I was thinking, especially with a body that large.

I've always liked the look of these, and have seen a few bands using them & they've always sounded great.
I was looking at one in my local music shop yesterday. Bottom line is that I don't play the bass I've got now so buying another one would just be a waste of money, regardless of how pretty it is.

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1422645846' post='2675189']
Thanks guys, Steven James at Middlesbrough has one, I'll go and have a play. B)
[/quote]

Two words of advice, if you will..?[list=1]
[*]Don't take you cheque book, just in case.
[*]Take your cheque book, just in case.
[/list]
Hope this helps. :mellow:

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1422654506' post='2675371']
Summit that keeps one in check (or so I'm told; I've not got one...). :D
[/quote]

When i moved to Finland in 1996 and opened a bank account I asked for a chequebook and was met by bemused smiles. They were history there even then. I remember explaining them to a group of incredulous students one day, I think at least half of them thought it was an elaborate joke.

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1422654860' post='2675381']
When i moved to Finland in 1996 and opened a bank account I asked for a chequebook and was met by bemused smiles. They were history there even then. I remember explaining them to a group of incredulous students one day, I think at least half of them thought it was an elaborate joke.
[/quote]

:lol: Yes, I did have one, back in the UK in the '70s, but never since..! Still, the notion was really only for (dubious...) comic effect, which would not work so well if I'd put 'Don't bring your Paypal', just the same... ;)

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1422655411' post='2675395']
'Don't take your credit/debit card' would be the current equivalent for me. Though I really think that the second of your suggestions is the better!
[/quote]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167485]
[/hijack]

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='cachao' timestamp='1422725046' post='2676136']
Congrats on your new addition. Looks the biz. Precision getting too heavy for you now?
[/quote]

The Precision is still my front line bass, growling away on roundwounds, but the JCB is surprisingly snarly as well.