Why become a member? ×

Fender Mike Dirnt Roadworn Blonde/Maple - SOLD
£900

Thor

Hi All,

It's with a heavy heart I have to offer this Mike Dirnt Roadworn P Bass for sale. I bought this new last year from GAK, they're currently retailing around £1066 - yes I know they're expensive and have read the threads on here, but I was in a much better place financially last year! Wait until you see the next listing - I'm sure to get some stick!!

So here's my 2014 Mike Dirnt Roadworn P in Blonde and Maple, these are made from Ash and have a lovely nitro finish to them - also, no garish signature on these models, just the star marking on the neckplate. It weighs in at a very lightweight 8.3 lbs (on my bathroom scales) and is a joy to play, it comes complete with the Fender Hardcase and candy etc, if anyone wants pics (of case etc) I'll have to upload them later as the case is in my rehearsal space.

Anyhow, here's some pics:

Price is firm (at the moment), I'm also thinning the herd generally and depending what sells first, may withdraw this from sale.

Edited by Thor
R*cky reference removed

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1422299869' post='2670921']
This is a lovely bass. I tried one out last year and it felt awesome in the hand, very custom shop-esque. Plus they'd cured the weight ills of the earlier non-road-worn ones.

GLWTS :)
[/quote]

Hi Sean, thanks for the positive comment - this really is a joy to play, nice lightweight (I used to have an earlier MD that was a back breaker), great action and certainly whilst the neck is "chunky" it feels a much better profile than the earlier version also. I know the Roadworn isn't to everyone's taste, but the neck feels nicely played in and I believe Fender used a Custom Shop '59 style pick up in these.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1422303388' post='2670977']
That is very nice indeed. :gas: :gas:
What is the nut width and neck profile please?
[/quote]

Hi there Karl - it sure is a beaut! Fender state 1.59" or 40.4mm at the nut - having just measured it with a steel rule I can confirm this measures a tad over 40mm but would say less than 40.5mm, I can't be any more accurate in this light! Sorry! Hope this helps. I'll have another go in daylight and report back if I think any different. Neck profile is stated as a C profile, although I'd say it's more like my '68 P (which is a B profile). I know the early version of these were like a baseball bat - this isn't. Thanks, Pete

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1422306583' post='2671037']
Gig bag included?

Fender Hardcase like the '74 AVRI I'm selling B)

Collection from [s]a different timezone?[/s] Wiltshire?

Tea/Coffee & biscuits could be in order! :) My good lady doesn't normally let me have biscuits! :lol:
[/quote]

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1423682770' post='2687959']
You're not a God of Thunder, you're a very naughty boy :lol: :lol:
GLWTS
Bump.

Edit. With some STUNNING basses
[/quote]

Sorry dude! Couldn't resist, but I really do appreciate the bumps - thank you!

• 1 year later...