Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1471948662' post='3117148']
I would love a simple passive Fiesta Red precision, normal scale, warm vintage pickup capable of growl if used with a plectrum, passive, rosewood board...I'm sure that can't be too expensive a build? Not now...maybe early next year.
[/quote]

I'd get on with it if you can. The Jake 5 I ordered two weeks ago cost me the better part of £100 more than when I specced it out before the referendum, and it'd be 6 quid more than that today. Also the build time has gone up from 10 to 12 weeks (which I'm sure I can't logically blame Brexiters for, but I will anyway).

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1471948662' post='3117148']
I would love a simple passive Fiesta Red precision, normal scale, warm vintage pickup capable of growl if used with a plectrum, passive, rosewood board...I'm sure that can't be too expensive a build? Not now...maybe early next year.
[/quote]

[url="https://www.public-peace.de/index.php/bass-guitars/maruszczyk/jake/4-string/1108-jake-4p-fiesta-red-classic160175"]Well, this one is £730ish at today's rates...[/url] :-)

[quote name='peety' timestamp='1471947670' post='3117134']
Just spoken to Adrian about a custom build Jake with a single J pup which means one of my off the shelf Jakes will have to go to help fund it
[/quote]

This is what happened to me when I bought a lovely white / maple Jake. I really liked it, but at the back of my mind I was thiniking 'Y'know, for a few more quid I could change this, and change that...'

That's how my Old LPB came about.

Which is how i came to be the owner of said lovely white/maple Jake haha, to be honest that is going nowhere i also have a redburst which will probably go up for sale pretty soon.

i was looking at the new Lakland PJ in black/ Rosewood with blocks binding and matching headstock which was stunning , then i looked at the price of a skyline and it was a no brainer hence the e mail to Adrian

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1470943289' post='3109567']
Better than US, I'd say. I can't fault either of mine, and knowing they were built by people gives them the edge (IMO, of course!).

Just out of curiously - what sort of style / config would appeal to you?
[/quote]

Well, seeing as you're asking :) , I don't like Jazzes, not even the real thing, never have done, and the only P-copy I'd be interested in would be a black double-P with a 1.5" nut, birdseye maple board (no fret markers), Nordys, Schaller 3D, Hipshot Ultralights and a P-Retro, around 7.5lbs. Oh, and Dunlop straplocks. Nothing too specific, then... :D

But before that I'm really wanting a Fenderbird 76-lookalike with the same neck as above. I'm most of the way there with that, just need the neck sorting...

It's what comes of decreasing bass-GAS...you just get more and more picky... :)

The [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maruszczyk stuff is really good, though, and not just 'for the money': it's really good.[/font][/color]

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1471961774' post='3117271']
Aero71 was selling a Jazzus recently, and I'm pretty sure you'll fid a demo video in the thread if you dig it up.
[/quote]

Sorry I realise I wasn't too clear. I meant I couldn't find anything on the Leaf model not the Jazzus

https://www.public-peace.de/index.php/mensinger-guitars/m-basses/men-the-leaf

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for a Jazzus though!

So I have been looking and couldn't find how to contact Adrian, is it just a facebook contact?
I am seriously tempted at one of these. I want to replace my geddy lee with something that has enough strings to get played and I like the Elwood 5s with the thinner spacing, but the pickups I like aren't on the headstock I like, so probably best to ask.

And maybe wether an elwood could have a P pickup!

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1472578560' post='3122323']
Does chambering for weight have any significant impact on the sound does anyone know? I thought I could ask for it as I really can't be bothered with heavy basses but I am not that bothered if there is an impact
[/quote]

I asked Adrian the same question back in the day. He says there's no difference, as does Roger Sadowsky... I agree with them both. Both of mine are chambered and they're awesome.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1472579360' post='3122335']
I asked Adrian the same question back in the day. He says there's no difference, as does Roger Sadowsky... I agree with them both. Both of mine are chambered and they're awesome.
[/quote]

Interesting. Is the argument that it only makes a difference if they have a sound hole? Certainly a Dingwall ABII sounds pretty different from a Dingwall ABI, although they do have different woods too.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1472580649' post='3122352']

Interesting. Is the argument that it only makes a difference if they have a sound hole? Certainly a Dingwall ABII sounds pretty different from a Dingwall ABI, although they do have different woods too.
[/quote]

I'm not sure how the Dingwalls are chambered, but I think my Jakes have a few areas drilled out, rather than a sound chamber.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1472584195' post='3122398']
Cheers - well, I think I will go for that then, if it is just the upside of less weight, as long as it doesn't cause a neck dive (this is a 5 string 24 fret) then I can't see a reason not to
[/quote]

No dive whatsoever on my 4's - presumably 5s are a bit trickier...