Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1486847050' post='3235046']
I'm back!

:D

Mcnach, I love your Jake.

Just read your thread, how you finding it now you've got over the colour not being what you wanted?

I've also just put an order in for a five string speesy :3

You guys are a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad influence.
[/quote]

Ha ha... the colour still makes me sometimes go "argh!"... not helped by my gf pointing out at every possible occasion "look, that bin is the colour you wanted, right?" or "look at that car"... :rolleyes: but the bass is fantastic, I love it! :)

Yeah, I sometimes think spending a few months away from here will help my finances enormously :P

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1486855337' post='3235129']
Ha ha... the colour still makes me sometimes go "argh!"... not helped by my gf pointing out at every possible occasion "look, that bin is the colour you wanted, right?" or "look at that car"... :rolleyes: but the bass is fantastic, I love it! :)

Yeah, I sometimes think spending a few months away from here will help my finances enormously :P
[/quote]

Fantastic, it's a pretty unique colour.

Yeah I think it might help, Might go for a five string Jake in the future with a 35 scale...

Not sure if he does them though. I want an alternative to my Lakland Skyline.

However, a five string Speesy in a checkered finish is what I've ordered now.

Over the top? Yes.

Garish? Possibly.

But I asked him about it, he said they could do it so I thought why not. It's something different. Even if it's a backup for my 4 string.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1486900191' post='3235323']
Fantastic, it's a pretty unique colour.

Yeah I think it might help, Might go for a five string Jake in the future with a 35 scale...

Not sure if he does them though. I want an alternative to my Lakland Skyline.

However, a five string Speesy in a checkered finish is what I've ordered now.

Over the top? Yes.

Garish? Possibly.

But I asked him about it, he said they could do it so I thought why not. It's something different. Even if it's a backup for my 4 string.
[/quote]

Sounds interesting!

Looking forward to the sofa shot ;)

Well, the quote is in and with a slightly more expensive build and the current value of the British Peso, I have some work to do with Mrs Ez. I could go off the peg and make a couple of compromises, but I really want another bass that feels like it's full of helium, just like my Elwood L fretless.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1487242357' post='3238268']
Well, the quote is in and with a slightly more expensive build and the current value of the British Peso, I have some work to do with Mrs Ez. I could go off the peg and make a couple of compromises, but I really want another bass that feels like it's full of helium, just like my Elwood L fretless.
[/quote]

I've got a Maruszczyk helium balloon on order :D

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1487257636' post='3238436']
I hope to be joining you in the anticipation stakes.
[/quote]
Trouble is that, as well as being kind of exciting, it's also kinda painful!

Just as an aside, I spotted that Adrian now offers a 'Boston' bass hard-case on his P-P website (rectangular rather than fitted). It's EUR90 plus delivery but when you order one with your new bass (i.e. to replace the standard 'FOC' gig-bag that retails at EUR39) the add-on cost is EUR80 - presumably due to the extra shipping weight. I've gone for that this time - I'd be getting a hard case anyway and this way my new baby gets extra protection in transit from Poland. Just hope that it's not too 'gappy' above the headstock of my s-s Elwood. (My question to Adrian: "Have you got a hard-case to fit my s-s Elwood?" His answer: "I think it fits.") Oh well, I can always use the vacant space for me butties.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1487264572' post='3238503']
Getting rid of some excess instruments this week, I guess another Jake might be in order in the near future.

There's one I want to base it off on the website, what's Adrian's stock necks like?

Might not have to go for a customish build as this one looks perfect.
[/quote]

My custom Jake just had the standard neck dimensions and it was very comfortable, fairly shallow for a Precision neck, but not too shallow lol.
Just very nice

Si

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1487673595' post='3241645']
What are you going for? :D
[/quote]
Elwood L, 33" scale, 41mm nut width, rosewood 'board, drop D tuner, Delano JSBC 4 HE pickups, passive.

[url="http://s308.photobucket.com/user/ezbass/media/elw160287_zpsldsgwokr.jpg.html"][/url]

I did the deed a little while back, now the waiting begins...

Edited by ezbass

So, played my Speesy for the first time at a gig last night, it sounded amazing and exactly what I had in mind with this, it's really, really suited to a band mix. Like a P but has a Stringrayish grind to it. Which makes the excitement for my second one even more great, as I put a MM humbucker in it.

Obligatory picture, if this thing works :D

Edit: Sorry for breaking your computer monitors :D

Edited by Fisheth

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1487977236' post='3244855']
So, played my Speesy for the first time at a gig last night, it sounded amazing and exactly what I had in mind with this, it's really, really suited to a band mix. Like a P but has a Stringrayish grind to it. Which makes the excitement for my second one even more great, as I put a MM humbucker in it.

Obligatory picture, if this thing works :D

Edit: Sorry for breaking your computer monitors :D
[/quote]

Beautiful!!!

(I'm of course talking about the bass :P)