Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

It's been two days since receipt of my new Elwood L and I seem to be more open mouthed every time I play it. This is my first fretted [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maruszczyk and I'm absolutely knocked out by the quality of the fretwork. I've tried and bought (not all of them) many top end guitars and basses and this is [/font][/color][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]without doubt the best finished neck and fretboard I've ever played, bar none. As previously mentioned, I've replaced the strings with [/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EB Cobalt flats and I've just replaced the tone capacitor to my [/font][/color][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]preferred 1 meg value and I can honestly say that I don't think this bass could be any better now. A massive shout out for the Delano JSBC HE pickups, they're really articulate and clear, but growl nicely when you dig in. I'm seriously considering changing out the Bassculture MM pickup on my Elwood L fretless for an MC-4 HE on strength of these jazz pickups. Suffice to say that I'm a very happy camper and even more of a fanboy than I already was.[/color][/font]

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1492699626' post='3282496']
It's been two days since receipt of my new Elwood L and I seem to be more open mouthed every time I play it. This is my first fretted [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maruszczyk and I'm absolutely knocked out by the quality of the fretwork. I've tried and bought (not all of them) many top end guitars and basses and this is [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]without doubt the best finished neck and fretboard I've ever played, bar none. As previously mentioned, I've replaced the strings with [/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EB Cobalt flats and I've just replaced the tone capacitor to my [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]preferred 1 meg value and I can honestly say that I don't think this bass could be any better now. A massive shout out for the Delano JSBC HE pickups, they're really articulate and clear, but growl nicely when you dig in. I'm seriously considering changing out the Bassculture MM pickup on my Elwood L fretless for an MC-4 HE on strength of these jazz pickups. Suffice to say that I'm a very happy camper and even more of a fanboy than I already was.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

Just a question about those Delano's how close to a Stingrayish grind are yours? The one in my Flying V is really close to that tonality, but still sounds like a P pickup.

Just wondered if the pickups in your Elwood did the same thing for Jazz's!

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1492724021' post='3282783']

Just a question about those Delano's how close to a Stingrayish grind are yours? The one in my Flying V is really close to that tonality, but still sounds like a P pickup.

Just wondered if the pickups in your Elwood did the same thing for Jazz's!
[/quote]Very much a gritty J bass sound when combined or with the bridge soloed but without going very dirty (which I found with the Norstrand Big Singles, which wasn't a bad thing, just different). The neck soloed starts to sound very P bass-ish when pushed, which I like very much.

[quote name='Wolverinebass' timestamp='1492885103' post='3283927']
If that configuration tool works like Warmoth, I'm so in there. For days. Weeks. Months.

On the plus side, hopefully it'll clear up the "how much does this option cost?" nonsense that is the case now with prices a bit hidden from direct view.
[/quote]

Good point, it'll make the prices even more attractive!

Edited by Fisheth

I played my new Elwood in 'anger' for the first time last night. Everything I gushed about earlier was there in a band situation; marvellous. The smallest turn of the blend control altered the tone to fit each song perfectly (not that I need to alter it from the both pickups on full setting very much). Ergonomically, my shoulder thanked me for not having to support the Rickenbacker for a full rehearsal session.

On a separate note, I'm so impressed with the Delano JSBC HEs that I'm looking to replace the pickup in my fretless with the Delano MM equivalent.

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1493117931' post='3285709']
They're well smart! Congrats
[/quote]Ta very much. I'm starting to wonder whether I now need the Rickenbacker and the Rob Allen, although Mrs Ez really likes the Rob Allen so that's probably here to stay, especially as it does something somewhat different tonally. The Ric however...

[quote name='BassApprentice' timestamp='1493408664' post='3288209']
Video on Facebook just been put up announcing the configurator goes live on Monday.

Credit cards at the ready....
[/quote]

Holy sh*t! And if you buy on a credit it card it feels like it's free right?

[quote name='BassApprentice' timestamp='1493408664' post='3288209']
Video on Facebook just been put up announcing the configurator goes live on Monday.

Credit cards at the ready....
[/quote]

As I said on that thread, that's dangerous for my wallet.

I'm actually contemplating selling my basses beginning with F (Including my Harris) for one!

The customizer will be updated as it goes along as apparently its a proper nightmare to program .....

So worry not , your wallet is in trouble lol , all shapes and models will be possible

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1493479817' post='3288682']
So, turns out that the customizer on the website will be for the Elwood's only, at least for now.

My wallet is safer than it was.
[/quote]