Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='1thoms1' timestamp='1505579601' post='3372985']
Hi guys,
was just wondering, when you ordered through Adrian, how did you know about the advancement in the making of your bass ?
I ordered in July, Adrian was a bit vague about delivery time and didn't get much news from him since then. Did he just messaged you when the bass was ready ?
[/quote]

I've bought 2 M basses (one Maruszczyk and one Mensinger) and didn't get any updates - just had to wait :( Mind you, on both occasions I was quoted the 'standard' 12-week build time but they arrived early! I'd hope that Adrian would get back to anyone that was having to wait longer - if that ever happened.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1505580415' post='3372994']
In the beginning, there was silence, and darkness was over the surface of the deep.

After one week and ten of this silence, Adrian said, “Let there be light,” and the holy sofa shot descended from the heavens.

Man saw that the sofa shot was good, and separated light from the darkness.
[/quote]

:lol:

that's pretty much it

My first Maruszczyk - Elwood 4p 30" scale in black-burst satin. It's a joy to play. And what a slap tone it delivers!

The photo is from their website, but it's also the bass I now have. Delighted!

The pre-amp will be swapped out for an East J-tone 01, and I'm going to exchange the bridge pickup for a stacked J-type, but I'm not sure which one will bring me closer to a Musicman style humbucker in sound.

Any suggestions for that would be very welcome indeed.

[quote name='Lysdexia' timestamp='1505748588' post='3373986']

My first Maruszczyk - Elwood 4p 30" scale in black-burst satin. It's a joy to play. And what a slap tone it delivers!

The photo is from their website, but it's also the bass I now have. Delighted!

The pre-amp will be swapped out for an East J-tone 01, and I'm going to exchange the bridge pickup for a stacked J-type, but I'm not sure which one will bring me closer to a Musicman style humbucker in sound.

Any suggestions for that would be very welcome indeed.
[/quote]

That's a seriously sexy looking bass!

It seems that I have recently given up bass playing, as I now just play on the configurator!

Getting ready to pull the trigger, but I have a query about the zero fret - does anyone use one of these basses with a Hipshot D-tuner? Is it OK?

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1506364196' post='3378261']
They've really nailed the online configurator, the best of any manufacturer / luthier. I've got one on it's way and can't help speccing another..

Be interesting to know how many hits it gets, and what % make it through to orders..
[/quote]

Well, the build time seems to have rocketed since it went live.. :-D