Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1452268626' post='2948332']
I don't know if you guys have seen this vid (it seems new). It features a Frog with an ACG/East filter preamp with familiar looking pickups. In fact the general look of the area of the bass shown in the vid is very familiar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh2asjr2k8c
[/quote]

Look a lot like Wal pickups to me, anyone have any idea if they are similar?

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1454234595' post='2967632']
Look a lot like Wal pickups to me, anyone have any idea if they are similar?
[/quote]

Not really close according to that video... They certainly look the part, but the sound is very clean.

Sounds to my ears more like it has a set of Barts in it than anything approaching Wal pickups.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1454313252' post='2968390']
Not really close according to that video... They certainly look the part, but the sound is very clean.

Sounds to my ears more like it has a set of Barts in it than anything approaching Wal pickups.
[/quote]

Yup, if the Wal pickups were easy to copy, there'd be a lot of them on the market by now.
The closest from what I can make out are the ACG MC ones, but they're not exactly cheap and rightly so.

Eude

I've just picked up a Maruszczyk Bass Tank amp and I'm very impressed .
Has anyone else used a Maruszczyk amp ?

http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/amplification/maruszczyk-instruments/971-basstank-black

Also would like to try his speaker cabs at some point.

Edited by spyder

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1454604153' post='2971284']

got batteries in your camera? ;)
[/quote]

Bought the Jake p/j 5 string from Jassbass on the for sale board. Got the kids to myself tonight so even playing it is having to wait but I will get pics when I can :)

Edited by colleya

Oh dear, I appear to have killed the thread. Best try to revive it with some pics. Afraid I can't compete on the sofa front though.

And while I'm here, does anyone know what gauge allen key you need to adjust the bridge? My smallest is too small and the next one up too big in both metric and imperial.

Edited by colleya

[quote name='colleya' timestamp='1454769577' post='2972813']
Oh dear, I appear to have killed the thread. Best try to revive it with some pics. Afraid I can't compete on the sofa front though.

And while I'm here, does anyone know what gauge allen key you need to adjust the bridge? My smallest is too small and the next one up too big in both metric and imperial.

[/quote]

There should be a little bag of tools in the gig bag..?

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1454769857' post='2972818']
Well, you know what we always say, no pics, never happened. But now that has been rectified - oh my! Dribble, dribble, hubba, hubba! Those blocks just make it pukka.
[/quote]

It's the curse of Basschat. I didn't want or need a new bass. Then last week I stupidly looked in the for sale forum. Then I read this thread. Now I have one.

[size=1]Glad I did though.....[/size]

Ha, next Week, I'll visit my "Friend" Adrian in his Showroom in Aldenhoven. It is about 35km from my Home and ist's always fun to talk, and maybe jam with Adrian. We have a Coffee together and talk about Basses, Musik and everything. He really such a gentle Person.

So many great Basses in his Showroom. It is always hard, to leave him, without a new Bass.

Lets see, if i can do it this Time..... :rolleyes:

[quote name='colleya' timestamp='1454769577' post='2972813']

[/quote]
That is really, really nice. You picked up a mega bargain, there - congratulations!

[quote name='AREA' timestamp='1454839752' post='2973328']
Ha, next Week, I'll visit my "Friend" Adrian in his Showroom in Aldenhoven. It is about 35km from my Home and ist's always fun to talk, and maybe jam with Adrian. We have a Coffee together and talk about Basses, Musik and everything. He really such a gentle Person.

So many great Basses in his Showroom. It is always hard, to leave him, without a new Bass.

Lets see, if i can do it this Time..... :rolleyes:
[/quote]I think you can safely say, "Hi!" from the owners, owners in waiting (of which I'm one; very excited :) ) and fans of his basses on Basschat.

Edited by ezbass

Thought I would write a little piece on Maruszczyk amps.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWS0Y3sPg2U"]https://www.youtube....h?v=rWS0Y3sPg2U[/url]

The link shows a quick video of the features of this two channel amp in its combo form but you will get the idea of the features.

I've been using Adrian's basses for a few years now and haven't really found an amp that I like. They are either to dirty and rough or detailed and sterile.
Having recently sold my Tone hammer 350 after using a Taurus amp I thought I would give the Bass Tank a try. Even though it has two channels I will only use the Electric input as I don't play acoustic bass... yet.

Currently I'm using it with a sh*tty Maplin speaker for home rehearsals and whatever the studio / rehearsal room has when I'm out of the house.

[attachment=211849:DSCF0828.JPG]

[attachment=211850:DSCF0829.JPG]

[attachment=211851:DSCF0832.JPG]

It's an amazing amp with very flexible EQ ( I don't really use much ) and has a warm but detailed sound that I'm really liking. Adrian does not give any specs on his web site for the EQ points. At first this worried me but I soon just dialed in what I found pleasing to the ear and it was really that simple. I stopped worrying whether I needed a 200 hz cut or boost or will the 1khz range be to cutting. I just twiddled with my knobs ( oh ). They are very subtle and musical sounding.

Can't even tell you if its class B or a Class D amp or whether it has a linear or switch mode power supply.

Can tell you its 7kg and 400 watts into 4ohms..... :)

Now I would love to get my hands on one of his speaker cabs.