Why become a member? ×

New Barefaced Retro six10 (first pics)

joeghee

Hi There,

Yesterday I finally got my new Barefaced six10 delivered. I Think it looks stunning!!! Here are the first pictures. More comments on sound quality follow after the weekend. By than, I've had the virgin rehearsal end virgin gig with it.... :D

The tolex looks and feels super nice and is very well glued. I do think that the side handles are mounted upside down. When mounted like this, there is not enough space for the wrist if it's carried by two people....

In the pictures you can see the "hybrid resonator" which basically seems like a bass port in the bottom of the cab... I am very curious about the sound!!!

Cheers from the Netherlands! Arn

[quote name='joeghee' timestamp='1422403447' post='2672366']
....I do think that the side handles are mounted upside down. When mounted like this, there is not enough space for the wrist if it's carried by two people....
[/quote]

I had trouble with my Bergantino AE210 cabs because they had the same handles.

When cabs are this light it seems a design assumption is made that only one person will be carrying them and that isn't always the case.

Apart from that these are cracking cabs. I'm waiting for the review after your first gig.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1422441045' post='2672576']
The handles look the same as the ones on the '69er. I can't say I ever noticed the 'upside down handle' issue. Then again, I never felt the need to ask for help when lifting it :-)
[/quote]

So you could lift that cab standing on your head then ...

Alex Claber read this topic too. This is what he emailed me:

[i]Hi Arn,

Glad it's there and that you like the look! Regarding the handles, it was a conscious decision to put them that way up because they're comfier for carrying the cab on your own - we did try them both ways around. The majority of customers who buy our cabs are having to move their gear themselves so it's more important that it's better for one person to move than two, and if two are carrying it then it's no great hardship to grip the bar with your fingers than your whole hand - it's not exactly massively heavy! But we can't please everyone with how we do handles because people vary so much in size and shape and strength.

Let us know how the cab performs.

Best regards,

Alex

P.S. The exit of the hybrid resonator is indeed a conventional port tube but in an unconventional place. But it's not acting like a port normally does.[/i]

Regarding the handles: [i]His reply makes sense to me. I am a small guy so the speaker is a bit wide for me to carry comfortably by myself. Weight is less of an issue ;-) [/i]

My AE210 handles only became an issue when I was loading in and out on a boat and the tide was out so the gang plank looked more like a ladder.

That was definitely a 2 man lift. But not a big deal and it wouldn't stop me buying a great sounding cab.

[quote name='Thurbs' timestamp='1422447877' post='2672731']
Looks great, especially with the amp on top! Do you have any pictures with the band? It is hard to judge size unless it is with reference to something else.
[/quote]

Does this count as a (tiny) one man band???

Hahaha... My 3 year old son really wanted to have a picture taken with the new cab :D

Guest monsterthompson

[quote name='joeghee' timestamp='1422473816' post='2673190']
Does this count as a (tiny) one man band???

Hahaha... My 3 year old son really wanted to have a picture taken with the new cab :D
[/quote]
great!