Why become a member? ×

Sold. Columbus Jazz Bass, sunburst, 1970's
£150

paddybass

For Sale. A lovely Columbus Jazz Bass circa 1970 with nice deep sunburst and Squier JV pickups fitted. This one plays great and has been used on many live gigs and in the studio, it's a great bass at cheap money. You may not like the fact it says Columbus on the headstock (personally I love it ) but it's way better than many a Fender I've played on. The neck on this is great and plays without any buzzing and I've got the action pretty low. It's got a few age related knocks and dings as you would expect but has not been relic'd in any way. Based in Dorset for collection or could meet somewhere. I may have an old hardcase I could put it in to send but would add £15 to the price and the cost of postage. Thanks.

Edited by paddybass

A columbus Jazz was the 1st bass I ever picked up
Really nice bass from memory
Played one since then (a few years back) and was surprised at just how good an instrument it was....

The guy who owned it had a really nice US Fender Custom shop
But he kept his Columbus as a backup bass, and cos he loved it so much

If this one is as good as the 2 I played - it'll be a great bass for that money
They were made in Japan - was it the Matsumoko factory?

Anyhow, GLWTS

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1422472392' post='2673175']
I wonder if these basses might also have been badged 'Gherson'? It looks exactly like a Gherson I bought off Happy Jack a couple of years ago. Unbelievably light and a great growly tone!

Sorry for the hijack, got me reminiscing :)

GLWTS
[/quote]
Not the same as Gherson - those were Italian-made.

I've had a couple of Columbuses, good quality basses which I've happily gigged. The original pickups could be a bit weedy so the Squier JVs are a good upgrade.

GLWTS!

Jon.

• 2 weeks later...