Why become a member? ×

Deceptively simple

Skinnyman

Roger2611 says

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"The start of Sex on Fire.....we have been playing it for six years now and the drummer and guitarist still cannot agree with the timings....that leaves muggins here stuck in the middle....I tend to go with the drummer....as the lessor of two evils! "[/font][/color]

Had the same problem and the solution was easy peasy. Get the drummer to start the song with the drum "riff" and you and the guitarist give each other the nod when one of you are coming in.

Edited by jezzaboy

Never had a problem with playing My Sharona, just took a while to learn where all the different bits came. In the end I broke it down into 5 or 6 segments and wrote them out in the order they came. Worked fine after that.

For me another easy yet difficult one was "Surfin Bird". Basically endless bars of the main chord riff followed by 1 bar each of the other two chords, and every verse is a different length. It's hardly the sort of song where you want to be visibly seen counting bars to get it right either.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1422560068' post='2674173']
He has complete independence doesn't he. Beautiful sounding voice too. One of the best reunions ever too, they sounded wonderful.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWh5ilLBs-k[/media]
[/quote]
Gotta love Copeland .

Honestly , who wouldn't love to play with that guy behind them - such lovely player .

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1422560068' post='2674173']
He has complete independence doesn't he. Beautiful sounding voice too. One of the best reunions ever too, they sounded wonderful.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWh5ilLBs-k[/media]
[/quote]

Awesome. Love that tune but i still hear hitting the taskbar everytime lol.

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1422557700' post='2674130']
The start of Sex on Fire.....we have been playing it for six years now and the drummer and guitarist still cannot agree with the timings....that leaves muggins here stuck in the middle....I tend to go with the drummer....as the lessor of two evils!
[/quote]

I thought this was just our lot! Several line up changes have all been punctuated by the inevitable full hour of them trying to get this intro right. Thing is, never having attempted to play either instrument, I've never seen where the problem actually is with it!

Any Kings of Leon song will be pretty easy because the bass player admits, he's only just starting to learn how to play the thing. The first two albums are ridiculously easy. He was the relative who was asked to join the band because the rest of the family had formed it.

Lucky break! :)

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1422817244' post='2677156']
Any Kings of Leon song will be pretty easy because the bass player admits, he's only just starting to learn how to play the thing. The first two albums are ridiculously easy. He was the relative who was asked to join the band because the rest of the family had formed it.

Lucky break! :)
[/quote]

I never knew that, pretty cool.