Why become a member? ×

Geezer Nicked

Skybone

Hmmmm. So we condone violence now do we. So if was a normal guy fighting in a pub, would we say the same thing? If it was a guy fighting outside a pub would we say the same thing. A few months ago it seemed like half the people on BC were up in arms for someone taking photos or and videos at a gig. I don;t remember anything about that guy getting into a fight and arrested and going for detox.
Yet here we are a few months on all raising a glass to an old rocker who should know better...fighting in a public place...oooo rock and rooolll.

That'll pay him back for the damage he did to my hearing at Coventry Hippodrome when I was 17!!!! I was right up against the stage in front of Geezer and could feel my chest being hit by the bass notes. My ears rang for a day or two after that.

It didn't help that Van Halen were the support band!

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif][size=1]
'....the Corkscrew Saloon on the Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley National Park...'[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif][size=1]
It's a rock 'n roll setting, better than Weatherspoons' in Walsall [/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1422550815' post='2674021']

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif][size=1]'....the Corkscrew Saloon on the Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley National Park...'[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif][size=1]It's a rock 'n roll setting, better than Weatherspoons' in Walsall [/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

I said that very quietly didn't I

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1422550815' post='2674021']

[size=4][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif]'....the Corkscrew Saloon on the Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley National Park...'[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif]It's a rock 'n roll setting, better than Weatherspoons' in Walsall [/font][/color][/size]
[/quote]

I had exactly the same thought. :lol:

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1422551826' post='2674040']
I also think it's rather sad episode. :(

But this point did make me smile! :P
[/quote]

Old men and hair has always perplexed me. See, girls who colour their locks have it done in textures and layers and subtle changes of shade here and there.

Now, I guess this guy has money - so why did he have such a crap job done all in a colour that doesn't exist in nature?

And don't get me started on old blokes with pony tails.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1422558770' post='2674149']
In truth, we know nothing about what went down. Was Geezer being a drunken arse? Or was he heroically defending someone on the receiving end of some hassle? Who knows. It's a bit unfair to judge at this stage.
[/quote]

I totally agree, I doubt we can rely on the US media for an accurate version of events. Rock star, bar, alcohol, fight, police, detox; all the info a journo needs to write a story. Either way, even if he was a bad boy, we all have off days, I've a very good mate who is usually impeccably behaved found himself in the cell for a night after a pretty nasty bit of provocation in a bar led to a bit of fistycuffs. Luckily the CCTV bore out his side of events and led to the original accuser - who I'm guessing didn't realise he was on camera - being nicked. It happens, nothing to judge a man too harshly on.

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1422559521' post='2674159']
Old men and hair has always perplexed me. See, girls who colour their locks have it done in textures and layers and subtle changes of shade here and there.

[color=#800080]... and played with 'My Little Pony' when small, and go to pony class when big enough.[/color]

Now, I guess this guy has money - so why did he have such a crap job done all in a colour that doesn't exist in nature?

[color=#800080]...instead of being neatly cropped like Ken..? [/color]

[color=#800080]Oh, go on; you know you'd love to.[/color]
[/quote]

Disclaimer: I'm old, with long hair tied back in a pony tail. :mellow:

Edited by Dad3353

[/quote]

I dyed my hair deep red with L'Oreal Feria a couple of weeks ago, I'm 50. Geezer's hair looks ok to me. Why does it have to look natch? In fact one of the directors said she liked my hair colour the other day, and said she thought it looked natural, I expressed my disappointment and she said I should have dyed it pink then :)

Some ponytails look ok. It's whatever you feel comfortable with init. In fact one of my mates from Basschat is oldish (not as old as me), with a ponytail. It suits him.

Edited by xilddx

[/quote]

Get back in the kitchen and make my tea.

And if you don't get the sarcasm, I'm implying your comment is sexist.