Why become a member? ×

Geezer Nicked

Skybone

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1422559521' post='2674159']
Old men and hair has always perplexed me. See, girls who colour their locks have it done in textures and layers and subtle changes of shade here and there.

Now, I guess this guy has money - so why did he have such a crap job done all in a colour that doesn't exist in nature?

And don't get me started on old blokes with pony tails.
[/quote]

Seriously?

Now, I guess this guy has money - so why did he have such a crap job done all in a colour that doesn't exist in nature?
[/quote]

If you look hard there are some clues in his past as to why he may have opted for this particular colour?

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1422604388' post='2674437']
Maybe there was a party in the bar from the Bat Preservation Society? A difference of opinion surfaced, one thing led to another....

It happens all the time.
[/quote]

It's a good theory

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1422570729' post='2674315']
It's whatever you feel comfortable with init.
[/quote]

That's the bottom line isn't it. No matter how cool we may think we look, someone somewhere thinks differently, just do what works for you.

I used to have rather a crap beard. I liked it, made me feel good (no idea why). I used a pic with said beard on a webpage a few years back, to the unanimous verdict of "what an awful look" from friends, family etc. Now that beardiness is for some reason de rigueur in certain quarters, I am suddenly considered somewhat hip (or at least my photo is, the beard went in 2010 and would take about a year to grow back, by which time it won't of course be hip any more). Just easier to stay as you are really :)

...don't get me started on old blokes...
[/quote]

Should you change your mind, I'm available on the weekend commencing February 7th.
Could you give me at least 24 hours notice? I'll need to give my carer the weekend off and get some Werther's Originals in.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1422615649' post='2674590'] I'll need to get some Werther's Originals in.
[/quote]

:lol: I have heard kids at school refer to them as "paedo pills"... :o :blink:

Possibly one of the least successful advertising campaigns ever? :D

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1422626958' post='2674791']
...didn't know who Geezer was? That's not very cool to be honest!
[/quote]
[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1422576221' post='2674366']
...the guys older than my dad, and quite frankly should know better.
[/quote]

Well that's not very rock 'n' roll, to be honest! I bet you do that quiet electronic music no-one listens to! ;)

Seriously though, he was probably full of booze at the time. I'm a [i]lot [/i]less punchy since I gave up the sauce. It is actually very undignified for a man of Geezer's age to be brawling in public. Another 'oh, crap!' moment the next day, I'll bet...

Edited by discreet

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1422626958' post='2674791']

didn't know who Geezer was?
Thats not very cool to be honest!
[/quote]

I guess I'm not very cool 😊

I've heard of Black Sabath but honestly can't name a single song of theirs.

I'd imagine they come under the genre of classic rock ?

Sorry, I only read the thread cos I was intrigued to see who had been arrested.

Edited by ambient

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1422628273' post='2674818']
I guess I'm not very cool

I've heard of Black Sabath but honestly can't name a single song of theirs.
[/quote]

Not to worry. I joined this site over five years ago, and in that time I have discovered several musicians (not just bass players) that I had never heard of before. Some of which are now so familiar to me that it is as if I had always known about them and their work! B)

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1422628793' post='2674829']

Not to worry. I joined this site over five years ago, and in that time I have discovered several musicians (not just bass players) that I had never heard of before. Some of which are now so familiar to me that it is as if I had always known about them and their work! B)
[/quote]

That's it isn't if ?

If you don't listen to music from a genre, then you're not gonna have heard of them.

One of my students is 16 and never heard of Flea, but there're guys he likes that I've never heard of. He's into progressive metal type stuff.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1422629273' post='2674844']
I know - I was just havin' a laugh with you. I like quiet electronic music, me. Been listening to it for years. :)
[/quote]You sure that's not just tinitus? :D