Why become a member? ×

Geezer Nicked

Skybone

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1422631828' post='2674923']

I don't believe you.
[/quote]

It's totally true. I'm just not at all interested in rock music, particularly that from years ago.

My influences when taking up playing bass were guys like Jaco, using bass in a melodic way.

Nowadays it's mostly either classical or experimental music that I listen to.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1422550815' post='2674021']
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif][size=1]
'....the Corkscrew Saloon on the Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley National Park...'[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helmet, Freesans, sans-serif][size=1]
It's a rock 'n roll setting, better than Weatherspoons' in Walsall [/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Yes, love it! :-)

And no-one, male or female, has to have grey hair unless they want to. I speak as one who knows. :-)

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1422648664' post='2675235']
And no-one, male or female, has to have grey hair unless they want to. I speak as one who knows. :-)
[/quote]

I nearly made a tasteless comment about collar and cuffs, but thought better of it. :D

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1422650701' post='2675291']
My beard is starting to turn grey.
[/quote]

Either dye it or get rid of it. Nothing makes you look older than a grey beard. Weirdly, my beard has gone grey but my hair has not, prompting people to think that 1) I dye my hair (which I don't) and 2) I dye my hair but can't be bothered to dye my beard as well, like some sort of feckless tramp that very probably smells of pee and is no doubt a paedophile.

Edited by discreet

That Just For Men stuff is pretty good for facial hair and gives good results, however it keeps on working for a while even after you wash it off. So don't leave it on for longer than 2 or 3 mins or it goes really really dark and can look very silly.
Yes, this is the voice of experience :blink:

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1422707988' post='2675848']
That Just For Men stuff is pretty good for facial hair and gives good results, however it keeps on working for a while even after you wash it off. So don't leave it on for longer than 2 or 3 mins or it goes really really dark and can look very silly.
Yes, this is the voice of experience :blink:
[/quote]

Ooh, I'll try that! I could look up to three years younger!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1422708003' post='2675849']

I didn't think robots had facial hair. How does that work, then? :)
[/quote]

Tiny, tiny wires.

I did try Just for Men for Beards once. And I might again.

If I win the lottery I'm getting a beard transplant.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1422709902' post='2675878']
In the meantime, you could try one of those false beards that hooks over your ears. No one would notice. :-)
[/quote]
That sounds familiar........Oh, Life of Brian? Yes, I can [i]totally[/i] see that working

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1422709902' post='2675878']
In the meantime, you could try one of those false beards that hooks over your ears. No one would notice. :-)
[/quote]

:D Yes! Or how about one of those Groucho Marx jobs with the combined glasses, nose, moustache and cigar!?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1422719401' post='2676020']

:D Yes! Or how about one of those Groucho Marx jobs with the combined glasses, nose, moustache and cigar!?
[/quote]

Actually, I wear prescription glasses and I find that remark extremely offensive so now I'm going to totally derail the the thread with persistent but ultimately weak arguments about things I know nothing about and that I have no earthly reason to even have an opinion on.

Or not.

:D

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1422719689' post='2676030']

Actually, I wear prescription glasses and I find that remark extremely offensive so now I'm going to totally derail the the thread with persistent but ultimately weak arguments about things I know nothing about and that I have no earthly reason to even have an opinion on.

Or not.

:D
[/quote]

I hope there's no one on here who wears a prosthetic nose....