Why become a member? ×

New Cliff Burton Signature Morley NAMM

Damonjames

Hey all, I have just seen that Morley have released a Cliff Burton signature Power Fuzz Wah. Looks like they have tried to copy the sound of the original tel ray one used by Cliff but put it in the new modern chassis and 9v battery or dc supply.
No clips on how it actually sounds yet, but am interested to see how authentic it sounds!!!

• 1 month later...

I know there's loads of other examples of this happening but I'm kinda against new products having dead peoples names to them. Surely the manufacturer could just dine out on the prestige of being used by Burton had he actually used this and not a muff as main fuzz ..? But this pedal just seems a bad product with a dead persons name to it, bit cheap all over?

IDK - has anyone brought / tried it? reviews?

[quote name='redbandit599' timestamp='1427313945' post='2728848']
I personally don't care who's name is scrawled on stuff, just interested if it sounds any good. Cheap, bad products with a dead persons name on? Never stopped Fender ;) .
[/quote]

Or Dean, but lets get back to bass stuff.

Interested in how this sounds!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1431352302' post='2770321']
He was great.

I often wonder how the newer stuff would have sounded with him - or whether the new stuff would have been written at all.
[/quote]

I often wonder that too.
I also wonder what he'd have made of the whole Napster thing. I reckon he'd have just kicked Lars' arse and told him to pipe down.

I've given it a couple of hours use.

It's mental.

It is not a bass wah in the traditional sense (although it is excellent on guitar) in that the sweep isn't low enough. The pedal is all about getting that Burton filthy wah cutting tone. And it does that very well indeed.

The fuzz is nasty in a glorious way and the output levels are frankly stupid.

I set up my B7K as a tuby chunky sound (a nod t the Mesa 400+ Cliff used to use a lot) and then hit it with the wah.

Instant "Bells" tone. About an hour later I noticed I was still playing that intro over and over again!!

So - overall as a quacky funky bass wah - not great, in fact a bit sh*t.

As a merchant of cutting filth - utterly glorious.

It's already velcro'd and on my board.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1431781669' post='2774939']
I've given it a couple of hours use.

It's mental.

It is not a bass wah in the traditional sense (although it is excellent on guitar) in that the sweep isn't low enough. The pedal is all about getting that Burton filthy wah cutting tone. And it does that very well indeed.

The fuzz is nasty in a glorious way and the output levels are frankly stupid.

I set up my B7K as a tuby chunky sound (a nod t the Mesa 400+ Cliff used to use a lot) and then hit it with the wah.

Instant "Bells" tone. About an hour later I noticed I was still playing that intro over and over again!!

So - overall as a quacky funky bass wah - not great, in fact a bit sh*t.

As a merchant of cutting filth - utterly glorious.

It's already velcro'd and on my board.
[/quote]

Sounds great! Clips!!!

[IMG]https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xat1/v/t1.0-0/1517411_10153236599663726_2504132695893663573_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=5d6754390e5906a8fddb67089a3f7543&oe=55FC6E72&__gda__=1443462266_a7f00fded224e50b070eafb072e7c2ad[/IMG]

It's quite big. Can't fit my whammy on now, but that can go on the floor.