Why become a member? ×

Markbass Mini CMD 151P tweeter blown

sishake

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement or upgraded tweeter for my Markbass mini cmd 151p? I can't find anything at all online, I will go through the official repair system if I have to, but as its a plug and play part it seems a bit extreme to get it sent away and do all the gubbins that goes along with that…...

Any help, advice, people to call would be much appreciated..

Just wondered if you've tried disconnecting the tweeter? I have a Markbass CMD Mini121P and recently disconnected the piezo tweeter, and I much prefer the tone. You might like to try it and save yourself a lot of hassle?? I also had a Markbass Mini CMD 102P combo and on reflection I wish had done the same with that as the piezo sounded a bit farty. I love Markbass gear, and after years of use I think their piezo tweeters are a bit of a weak point. I also use a Traveller 121H cab with controllable 1 inch compression driver and custom horn which I think is far superior.

If you want to keep a tweeter replace it with a Stage Line HT-30 Minature Horn Tweeter. £12-13 online. This is what most CMD121P owners have done if they want to keep a tweeter. Little bit of filing may be needed but the difference is amazing.
Or disconnect it and it becomes a Jeff Berlin Combo.

[quote name='BassManGraham' timestamp='1422987423' post='2679214'] Just wondered if you've tried disconnecting the tweeter? I have a Markbass CMD Mini121P and recently disconnected the piezo tweeter, and I much prefer the tone. You might like to try it and save yourself a lot of hassle?? I also had a Markbass Mini CMD 102P combo and on reflection I wish had done the same with that as the piezo sounded a bit farty. I love Markbass gear, and after years of use I think their piezo tweeters are a bit of a weak point. I also use a Traveller 121H cab with controllable 1 inch compression driver and custom horn which I think is far superior. [/quote]

I have, its been disconnected for the last couple of months, it still sounds great but I miss the top end clarity a bit. I also use the 210hf cab with a little mark3 and the horn on that is so much better.

I think I'm going to give the upgraded horn thing a shot.

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1423003225' post='2679560'] If you want to keep a tweeter replace it with a Stage Line HT-30 Minature Horn Tweeter. £12-13 online. This is what most CMD121P owners have done if they want to keep a tweeter. Little bit of filing may be needed but the difference is amazing. Or disconnect it and it becomes a Jeff Berlin Combo. [/quote]

Thanks for this info BassBunny, I'm gonna give it a shot, I'll let you know how it pans out :)