Why become a member? ×

New Brabicz replacement bridge for Gibsons

Shylock

Just found this across the pond although someone may have already posted this.

http://www.fullcontacthardware.com/fch-3-point-four-string-bass-bridge-gibson-style

Look likes as fitted to the new Gibsons and certainly looks like it fits better than the Hipshot Supertone and will improve string adjustment enormously.

I want one but just trying to work out cost. Anyone know if uk distributor/retailer?

[quote name='Shylock' timestamp='1422737258' post='2676364']
Hmmm - Just worked out about £126 inc postage. Perhaps the cost will come down over time.
[/quote]

Did you include the extra 25% for VAT & import charges in that total?

Edited by RhysP

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1423515123' post='2685861']
It looks like a great replacement indeed, however I don't see any particular improvement of the Hipshot supertone. Very expensive too.
[/quote]

IMO it looks better. Not that it's difficult compared to the Supertone.

• 2 weeks later...

Cost effective EB 3 point bridge. I am thinking of BBOT that engages with the existing 3 posts. Thickness of metal would ensure snug fit in current posts. After that I would go for regular barrel type saddles. (Think Fender bridge on stilts). There would be sufficient length aft of the bridge to eradicate the winding on saddle issue. Material - stainless steel?

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1424364443' post='2695584']
Cost effective EB 3 point bridge. I am thinking of BBOT that engages with the existing 3 posts. Thickness of metal would ensure snug fit in current posts. After that I would go for regular barrel type saddles. (Think Fender bridge on stilts). There would be sufficient length aft of the bridge to eradicate the winding on saddle issue. Material - stainless steel?
[/quote]

The Babicz bridge is aluminum.

• 8 months later...

I have just fitted one to my Epiphone Elite EB3. Came today from the Bass Centre, £99.00.
Easy to fit and set up.
Reason for doing it was that on the original the "d" saddle was too low meaning I had to higher the others to stop the d string buzzing. I tried making a new saddle from brass but never got it to fit snug enough in the bridge so causing a buzz. Also I was having to thread 4mm nuts on the strings to keep the ball end windings off the saddles.
This bridge has solved all those problems.

[attachment=205357:Babicz.jpg]

Looks great.
Every time I change strings on my Eastwood I curse the flying saddle falling off stupid designed 3 point nonsense of bleeding thing that is fitted (barely) in place of a practical working bridge. Then the strings are on and I forget about it until next time.. Oh for a 3 screw BBoT as proposed earlier.

[quote name='goingdownslow' timestamp='1447863400' post='2911054']
I have just fitted one to my Epiphone Elite EB3. Came today from the Bass Centre, £99.00.
Easy to fit and set up.
Reason for doing it was that on the original the "d" saddle was too low meaning I had to higher the others to stop the d string buzzing. I tried making a new saddle from brass but never got it to fit snug enough in the bridge so causing a buzz. Also I was having to thread 4mm nuts on the strings to keep the ball end windings off the saddles.
This bridge has solved all those problems.

[attachment=205357:Babicz.jpg]
[/quote]

That looks great!

I still fancy to try one of these, but the black ones are £120.00. I certainly prefer the Supertone over the original Gibson bridge, but the Babicz just looks nicer and more in keeping with the three pointer.

The Bass Centre unit in Bagshot is only a couple of miles from me...I've shot them an email to check stock. I have a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks.
P

Edited by NancyJohnson

Make sure they give you the shim, mine came without, they said it was optional.
I told them the option is for me to either fit it or not, not for them to supply or not.
It arrived the next post.

Edit, Turns out I did not need it but I had paid for it so wanted it.

Edited by goingdownslow

[quote name='goingdownslow' timestamp='1448540867' post='2916254']
Make sure they give you the shim, mine came without, they said it was optional.
I told them the option is for me to either fit it or not, not for them to supply or not.
It arrived the next post.

Edit, Turns out I did not need it but I had paid for it so wanted it.
[/quote]

Good show for you to call them down on the shim. It should be included with the Bridge body.