Why become a member? ×

February Composition Challenge - GET RECORDING!

Skol303

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1422848438' post='2677529']
I'll set the ball rolling, then, shall I..?

[url="https://soundcloud.com/dad3353/i-think-i-can"]I Think I Can...[/url]

Enjoy.
[/quote]

Nice work - surely will break the duck this month (unless Skol bans you for being one second over the 5 minutes) :o :ph34r:

[size=4][quote name='bobbass4k' timestamp='1422822347' post='2677235']
I'm thinking 5/4 too (well, 5/8), although there's also a 13/8 thing that I might try and work in.
[/quote]

[font=Arial]Hi Bob. It’s not like [i]you[/i] to be thinking about unusual time signatures… are you feeling alright?? :D[/font]

[font=Arial]I might be tempted to try something other than my usual 4/4 this month. Maybe.[/font][/size]

[size=4][quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1422871633' post='2677639'][/size]
[size=4]Nice work - surely will break the duck this month (unless Skol bans you for being one second over the 5 minutes) :o :ph34r:
[/quote][/size]

[size=4]One whole second over you say? Definitely banned. FOR LIFE :P[/size]

Edited by Skol303

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1422872955' post='2677662']...
One whole second over you say? Definitely banned. FOR LIFE :P
[/quote]

:angry: [size=4] Harrumph..! So much for the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]non-linearity of time, maaaan![/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif](... [i]although I suppose I could shave a second or two off the silence count-in at the beginning[/i]... :rolleyes: [i]Hmm[/i] ...)[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1422871633' post='2677639']...(unless Skol bans you for being one second over the 5 minutes) :o :ph34r:
[/quote]
[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1422872955' post='2677662']...
One whole second over you say? Definitely banned. FOR LIFE :P
[/quote]

Fixed, at the heavy expense of loosing the kind comments already collected on Soundcloud. That'll teach me to be more careful in future months (unless, of course, the lifelong ban is already in force... :blush: ).

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1422885480' post='2677857']
Fixed, at the heavy expense of loosing the kind comments already collected on Soundcloud. That'll teach me to be more careful in future months (unless, of course, the lifelong ban is already in force... :blush: ).
[/quote]

Ah Dad, you didn't need to do that!! What's a measly second between friends?

[size=2] [/size][size=2]...You're still banned though :P[/size]

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1422886624' post='2677873']
Ah Dad, you didn't need to do that!! What's a measly second between friends?...
[/quote]

Rules is rules, Guv; sauce for the goose, an' all that. What would this world be without discipline, eh..? Anarchy, I tell'ee, anarchy, an' who would want that, eh..? :mellow:

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1422886624' post='2677873']...
[size=2]...You're still banned though :P[/size]
[/quote]

Oh, please..? I'll keep my head down and make no noise in the corner. You'll hardly notice that I'm here, honest. I'll do the dishes, and clean behind the fridge. I'll even... No, on second thoughts, I won't do [i]that[/i]. I have my pride... <_<

[quote name='Old_Ben' timestamp='1422957851' post='2678729']
Waiting for my new interface to arrive before starting recording!
[/quote]

There's commitment , I think its going to his head guys :D

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1423073978' post='2680394']
[i]"Sooo.... the coal goes in here. But where the heck is the MIDI out?"[/i] :D

[/quote]
Hmmm....... finding the MIDI out would take me a while with that I suspect :D , but the real concern would be that I wouldn't know what to do with it when I found it :o .

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1423073978' post='2680394']
[i]"Sooo.... the coal goes in here. But where the heck is the MIDI out?"[/i] :D

[/quote]

'seasy, really, he's looking at it; it's in the door. [i]Tout le monde sait que chacun voit MIDI à sa porte[/i]. :mellow:

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1423127046' post='2680982']

"Driving that train, high on cocaine"

I thought this. No Grateful Dead heads on the forum?
[/quote]

I'll see your Grateful Dead and raise you a Half Man Half Biscuit... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpx7uM-5Y3Q

Mine is well underway now , and I daren't listen to any of this stuff as I am sure I will have composed something that will be the same as something else , what I am doing seems so natural that it cant be unique :rolleyes: . and if I find an obvious similarity I will have to start again , that said, I think the same thing every month and none ever seem similar in the slightest :lol:

Here we go...
Somehow the train reminded of the nightmare truck attempting to kill Dennis Weaver in Speilberg's movie "Duel" - like it's relentless, unstoppable, out of control, just like this rather tuneful bit of piano "jazz".
For your delectation and delight (or perhaps disappointment and disgust) I give you 2 minutes 35 seconds (but may feel much longer) of:
[url=https://soundcloud.com/dredd-and-the-badass-weed/duel]DUAL 2[/url]

[size=4][quote name='paul h' timestamp='1423179017' post='2682030']
My entry...

[url="https://soundcloud.com/robotrobotrobotmusic/train-of-very-little-thought"]https://soundcloud.c...-little-thought[/url]

Certainly not Dad standards but it will have to do. My weakness is always that I can never bring myself to put enough time into stuff.

Anyhoo...second!

:D
[/quote]
I'm flattered, Paul, but there's nothing to be unduly modest about here. Good piece; welcome to the machine. Second..? Why not, but it's not a race..! In fact, the secret of my precipitated entry each month is almost the same as yours, really. My weakness is always that I can never bring myself to quit putting time into stuff, so I 'bop until I drop'..! :blush:
[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1423238640' post='2682663']
Here we go...
Somehow the train reminded of the nightmare truck attempting to kill Dennis Weaver in Speilberg's movie "Duel" - like it's relentless, unstoppable, out of control, just like this rather tuneful bit of piano "jazz".
For your delectation and delight (or perhaps disappointment and disgust) I give you 2 minutes 35 seconds (but may feel much longer) of:
[url="https://soundcloud.com/dredd-and-the-badass-weed/duel"]DUAL 2[/url]
[/quote]
Paul was second; Len is third (pronounced with an Irish accent...). Time for an anecdote...
I've not seen it around for a while, but tucked away in our 'museum of horrors', we've a MIDI expander, Roland D110. It worked well for a few years, then, suddenly, started rejecting all control, to generate instead completely random sounds, some of which were very interesting, other less so; many completely unpalatable. If I can dig it out (and if it now even turns on..!), I'll see if I can post a sample of it gurgling and chuntering away.
"Why the anecdote..?", I hear you ask, scratching your chin and upper hairline... Well, I suspect Len to have a similar D110, with the subtle difference that our one did, at least sometimes, come up with some usable random noises. I could be wrong... :mellow:[/size]

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1423240475' post='2682713']
[size=4]
Paul was second; Len is third (pronounced with an Irish accent...). Time for an anecdote...
I've not seen it around for a while, but tucked away in our 'museum of horrors', we've a MIDI expander, Roland D110. It worked well for a few years, then, suddenly, started rejecting all control, to generate instead completely random sounds, some of which were very interesting, other less so; many completely unpalatable. If I can dig it out (and if it now even turns on..!), I'll see if I can post a sample of it gurgling and chuntering away.
"Why the anecdote..?", I hear you ask, scratching your chin and upper hairline... Well, I suspect Len to have a similar D110, with the subtle difference that our one did, at least sometimes, come up with some usable random noises. I could be wrong... :mellow:[/size]
[/quote]

I knew my offering would be right up your street!
As you can see, I'm on a mission to promote a lack of harmony, to pooh-pooh melody, to reject the concept of time.
[Bond villain mode]The world will soon be mine![/Bond villain mode]

[size=4][quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1423241412' post='2682730']
I knew my offering would be right up your street!
As you can see, I'm on a mission to promote a lack of harmony, to pooh-pooh melody, to reject the concept of time.
[Bond villain mode]The world will soon be mine![/Bond villain mode]
[/quote][/size]

[size=4]It's failing so far. I was tapping my foot to part of the piece, and found myself whistling an extract a few minutes ago.[/size]
[size=4]No; no cause for concern. The meds will be kicking in, shortly.[/size]
[size=4]Ah..! I hear there's someone at the door. That'll be the medics kicking in the door...[/size]
[size=4]Maybe I should stop playing this track so loudly..? :gas: [/size]