Why become a member? ×

King Crimson UK tour

toneknob

Yesterday King Crimson announced a run of UK and Europe gigs - see dates and places here:

http://prog.teamrock.com/news/2015-02-03/king-crimson-announce-uk-and-european-tour-dates

It's the 7-man line-up, 2x guitar, sax/flute, bass (Tony Levin), and three drummers. Tickets went on sale this morning for O2 Priority customers, tomorrow for Live Nation punters, the rest of the world on Friday. Here's some 3-drummer action to soothe your nerves as you join the ticketing queue and see the face value.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1JapuD0ikk

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1423055732' post='2680051']
I've got tickets! Courtesy of a friend with an O2 contract. Good seats too! Massively excited about this.
Now I've got to spend the next seven months worrying about the legroom in the Hackney Empire... :huh:
[/quote]

Good job - I'll be at Hackney as well. Last time I was there was for a Wynton Marsalis gig a few years ago. It's pretty snug! He played something in 13/8 as well (hope that's not too much of a spoiler)

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1423056980' post='2680077']
Would like to see KC but not with this yawn-fest. Sorry.
[/quote]

Having seen the setlists of the USA tour and reviews, I'm thinking this will be anything but. What would be dull for me is trotting out Elephant Talk, Sleepless, Three of a Perfect Pair etc etc all over again.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1423062740' post='2680182']
Got an email about this yesterday from St. Davids Hall in Cardiff, where they are playing.
"Oooh" I thought, " that could be fun, haven't seen them for years".

Then I saw the ticket prices.....
[/quote]

I know, it's extremely expensive. But, I'm willing to pay it for such impeccable musicianship and quality.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1423065106' post='2680231']
Haven't bothered much with kc, as they were a bit before my time. Will have to get round to it.
Does tony levin still do solo gigs?
[/quote]

Has he ever? He's pretty much always in Peter Gabriel's band, he does Stick Men gigs with Pat Mastelotto and Markus Reuter, and the Stick Men occasionally team up with the Adrian Belew Power Trio (includes Julie Slick and Tobias Ralph) to do joint gigs as The Crimson ProjeKCt.

I once saw him doing a clinic for MusicMan at a barn somewhere near Stevenage about 7 or 8 years ago. He signed my Funk Fingers!

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1423065106' post='2680231']
Haven't bothered much with kc, as they were a bit before my time. Will have to get round to it.
Does tony levin still do solo gigs?
[/quote]

He does the Stickmen stuff - I saw him at a little club in Cardiff a couple of years ago.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1423063087' post='2680188']
I know, it's extremely expensive. But, I'm willing to pay it for such impeccable musicianship and quality.
[/quote]

I'd rather pay a fiver & hear some bum notes....

I lost interest in Crimson a while back to be honest, pretty much when Bruford called it a day.

[quote name='lonestar' timestamp='1423070750' post='2680344']

Have you heard what Bill bruford has to say about "The Owl" in his biog ?
[/quote]

Got the Bruford book for Xmas - one of the most insightful books about making music that I've read. AND he writes really well.

Back OT - hoping to pick up tickets for the Brighton date tomorrow.