Why become a member? ×

SOLD! - Squier Vintage Modified Jazz (upgraded) - Final price drop
£350

Prunesquallor

Price: [s]£350 £325[/s] [s]£300 [/s]£275 SALE ONLY; NO TRADES

Okay, I'm letting go my beloved jazz bass. It's a Squier, but as my instructor said 'This is a Fender!' In other words, it's a good'un. Because of that, and because I reckoned I'd regret selling my first bass (sob!), I used it as a bit of a project.

It's had black hardware fitted, including Hipshot tuners and a Babicz bridge. Our own Kiogon supplied a '62-style control plate with stacked tone and volume pots for each pickup, and a series/parallel microswitch. The pickups are now Seymour Duncan Antiquity IIs, modelled on those in one of Jaco's basses - they cost me around £200 alone. The electrics were fitted professionally (none of my sloppy soldering here), along with copper-foil screening of the internal cavities. It's also had a PLEK set-up.

The result, a great player and a very versatile bass indeed. Not a ding on it. Not gigged; only used for gentle practice.

More photos here: [url="http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/Prunesquallor99/library/"]http://s1300.photobu...llor99/library/[/url] (The photo in my profile was when I first bought it.)

Collection from New Malden (between Wimbledon and Kingston in SW London). I can throw in a soft case, a lead and two good straps, and its stand.

OR It can be shipped, as a friend has kindly donated a hard case and cardboard shipping box.

Final price drop, folks. If it doesn't go for this price, I'll hang on to it.

Edited by Prunesquallor

[quote name='Prunesquallor' timestamp='1423064107' post='2680208']
Thanks! I think it'd look really good on you. :yarr:
[/quote]

No it wouldn't
It would be stuffed up somewhere dark by the missus cos I'm still in trouble for buying a Musicman last week.....

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1423257393' post='2682993']

No it wouldn't
It would be stuffed up somewhere dark by the missus cos I'm still in trouble for buying a Musicman last week.....
[/quote]

😁😄😄😄😄😄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...