Why become a member? ×

Using an Ipad for live use...

Westie9

Hi,

How do you use an Ipad for live use? I have my scores / scribble on bits of paper but I want to transfer them to the Ipad. Is it a case of just taking a photo of them and then scrolling through the photos during the performance until I find the one I need or can I place them in some form of file in set order?

Is there a specific program? What if I'm rehearsing and need to add a note on a particular chart. Am I able to add notes / directions etc and save it to the page?

Ain't got a clue....... Any suggestions other than 'learn the songs, use a marker pen blah blah...'

For function or wedding gigs, I use mine as a preamp with Jamup - bass into iPad (in a holder on a mic stand) via a Sonicport, then into my F1 set flat. A dozen or so presets cover every sound I need. Excellent.

For acoustic or dep/jam gigs, I use it with charts.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1423081814' post='2680572']
You need irealb in your life!
[/quote]

That looks similar to on song which I tried and didnt really get on with

Using excel allows me to customise what i read, whole song or just verse/middle eight, written notes like long slow intro or whatever.

I also found I couldnt download everything I wanted so i had to use excel for some tunes anyway so it was 2 programs open.

Or maybe Im just stuck in my ways :D

There is also the Fake Book app which lets you download tunes etc but if you want to use customised charts you will need to find a way to upload them. Scanning would be one, copying them into something liek Sibelius or Finale would be another.

Personally, I still ike paper and pen but that has its limitations as well.

Get Unrealbook:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/unrealbook/id370135173?mt=8

Its the best thing for gigging. You can take photos using the iPads camera of your existing charts, import pdf's of other charts. And you can arrange them into set lists for each band.

I take it to every gig! so useful.

This is what our keys player swears by, an app called [url="https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/piascore-sheet-music-reader/id406141702?mt=8"]Piascore[/url],

I can't comment on it myself as I've not used it but he swears by it.

Edited by Osiris