Why become a member? ×

traded MTD 535-24 ash-maple
£2300

nobodysprefect

Got this in a trade for the 635-24 , so off to block this goes.

This is one of the more punchy, aggressive and organic (lol) sounding of the MTDs I've had. Not too grindy, quite deeply voiced (maple neck + board) and the attack really is off the charts. Would work well for fuller mixes and or rock/blues/groove-kind of tonal environment. For jazzy/folk/humpa stuff, would probably need mellow strings (say, Thomastik Jazz Flats? mmm-mm) depending on how thumpy you're after. Me, I'd just pan all the way to the neck pickup and use more meat on the strings. Palm muting is also a wonderful thing. With MTDs, your technique definitely gets the spotlight.

The Dark Cherry (?) finish is hard to photo well, I'm attaching two photos with different WB settings. The colour is def not a warm red.

Price includes a new generic hard shell case, shipping to most European locations (some countries have restrictions on parcel size) and I'm throwing in a 5-string set of Dean Markley SR-2000 strings so you get to try the string mr. Andrew 'Gooch' Gouche uses. Best string for RnB/Gospel for me.

For the inevitable trade offers: this is not listed as for trade now -- life priorities and stuff. Since some you will have a bass you'd like to offer in trade: I'd be keen on a USA MTD Andrew Gouche six-string or an MTD 635 with walnut body, since I haven't had one of those. Alternatively, a fretted 635 Marilyn would be interesting. There are a few basses I used to own that I would be interested in, but the owners of those pretty much already know and aren't selling.

Otherwise, I'm going to try to end up with 1 less bass but more money than now in the end, so any trade baits will have to be valued so that I can flip them easily. I just don't need more albatrosses hung around my neck, already have a custom-built bass and a better known high end brand bass I damaged that can't be sold taking up space, sorry. :(

edit: proper resolution pics here [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m4g73h6lwvda14g/AABgaozZMUZAd276hhNnDiApa?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox....6hhNnDiApa?dl=0[/url]

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...