Why become a member? ×

NS Design Frame Strap System

Owen

Hi Owen, do you mean the boomerang strap thingy? I bought one, but I have to confess I've only ever tried it - I've not gigged with it. In my trial, it did manage to balance it in an upright position. I liked the idea of it but I felt that I wouldn't want to spend a gig with it over my shoulder - when I can just screw it to the stand and walk off when I want. Sometimes though, when I get a bit excited, I do want to swing it around a bit and the stand is quite limiting in that way. I probably should have gone for the end pin kit instead I reckon....

Are you anywhere near the South East? You'd be welcome to try mine....

Thanks for the offer, but I live in North Wales so popping over to try anything anywhere never happens :)

I have the boomerang and it works fine with the Omnibass, but I am wondering about this one

http://www.basscentre.com/ns-design-interchangeable-support-systems/ns-design-frame-strap-system.html

Aaah - ok - hadn't seen one of those before. The guy demoing the cello (or is it an omnibass?) with the cream top on - it looks a bit close to the body for me and I think his arm doesn't look as though it would be that comfortable. However, the shot of the guy playing the gig it looks better -perhaps he's playing a bigger double bass sized instrument?

Yeah, I am getting comfy with the boomerang on the Omnibass but fancy trying the other just to see really. I have the endpin kit for my EUB but I tend to stick with the tripod stand. I cannot imagine I will see the other coming up for sale 2nd hand any time soon so I will prob just have to front up and buy new (ugh!). I share your suspicion that getting either the Omni or the EUB to sit at a DB angle is not going to happen, but the NS stuff is pretty well designed so we might be wrong. The noises on TB seem pretty positive about them.