Why become a member? ×

new delay pedal?

Kev

okay due to me selling my ps-3, im looking to buy another delay, digital or analog not too fussy really

what im after though is something that colours your tone as little as possible, and is prefferably true bypass (if thats possible)

i find that all boss delays dont really fulfill either requirement, and colour my tone to hell when bypassed

any suggestions? my budget is around £80

i was looking at the carl martin red repeat

what about this new ehx pedal?

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/electro_harmonix_1_echo.htm?partner_id=59917"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/electro_harmonix_...artner_id=59917[/url]

sugden is selling one for £100 so he's had a pm, but he's on holiday so iv got a week to consider others

anyone heard much about that carl martin red repeat or the new ehx #1 echo?

[quote name='BassManKev' post='27362' date='Jul 5 2007, 11:38 AM']hmm

but the dd-20 jus seems to have too much for my needs, sounds stupid i know, im just after quality, not quantity[/quote]

The DD-20 is a quality unit with all the delay you'll ever need. They're tough as hell too.

Kev, honstly the mad prof is an ambient delay. I'm positive it is not what you want.

I'd recomend you get the dd-20. It'll sort you out forever and for £20 over you budget... I dont think that anyone can complain. Do a gay-for-pay photoshoot and buy yourself two :)

but how is the bypass on it?

when i put the other boss delays after my dha vt-2, even when bypassed it sucked all the tone of the vt-2 compeltly, and was unuseable unless i used an effect loop, and i dont want that

it did the same to my micro qtron and akai deep impact

Edited by BassManKev

my whammy is fine for me when its bypassed, but it is first in chain so that wouldnt mess with my effects anyways...

so youve had a dd-20 after a fuzz, and it hasnt sucked any tone?

this may sound crazy, but is there anyone who could possibly send me there dd-20 so i can try it out? theres no gutiar shops that stock it anywer near me, and i dont fancy takin my whole board down there anyways, i just have a feelin its gunna do the same as the ps-3 did, specially if it has the same bypass

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='27408' date='Jul 5 2007, 01:08 PM']Very very very few true bypass delays out there, none that have trails.

I've never had an issues with the bypass on the DD-20 but then I wasn't running any other Boss or Behringer pedals and the king of all tone suckers that is known as the whammy.[/quote]

I agree with tayste, most delay pedals are not true by-pass and that's why I use my Marshall echohead pedal with a blender or sometimes just a loop.

Dave

well if theres no way round it then il guess il just have to put the thing in a loop again

im living in widnes at the moment, near liverpool/manchester

il be in bristol from august onwards