Why become a member? ×

Headphones issue.

Phil Adams

Anyone had problems getting stereo phones to work in a mono socket, for example an amp?
I've got Behringer phones with the dual size stereo jack, and when using as 1/4" or the smaller size I have to fiddle around and get the plug an exactly the right position for them to work, ie they don't work when pushed right in and have to be sort of halfway in to work.
Perhaps the phone are rubbish, they weren't expensive but it would still be nice if they worked ok.
Thanks

Phil

[quote name='Phil Adams' timestamp='1423343106' post='2683797']
Anyone had problems getting stereo phones to work in a mono socket, for example an amp?
I've got Behringer phones with the dual size stereo jack, and when using as 1/4" or the smaller size I have to fiddle around and get the plug an exactly the right position for them to work, ie they don't work when pushed right in and have to be sort of halfway in to work.
Perhaps the phone are rubbish, they weren't expensive but it would still be nice if they worked ok.
Thanks

Phil
[/quote]I have no problems with mine in my amp or my mp3 player

I've got Behringer phones
[/quote]

you've pretty much answered your own question there ;)

you could try using a mono 1/4" to 1/8" adapter (it'll only have one black ring on it) which might solve your problem but tbh it would put it down to behringer QC

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metal-Stereo-Socket-6-35mm-Adapter/dp/B003OSXND6/ref=pd_sim_ce_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1JQ9PTC32448CB8RGTRK"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metal-Stereo-Socket-6-35mm-Adapter/dp/B003OSXND6/ref=pd_sim_ce_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1JQ9PTC32448CB8RGTRK [/url]

it's called the yellow triangle of doom for a reason

Edited by Chrismanbass

Thanks

Phil
[/quote]

Does it have a microphone ring, too? If so, this isn't Behringer QC, it just has a plug that is not made to work with mono outputs :)

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1423346358' post='2683838']
if it had a microphone ring would it not also have a microphone? also if that was the case you would have sound in one ear and not the other
[/quote]

An in-line microphone, very common these days due to smartphones e.t.c. They function as normal headphones normally, but they struggle with mono jacks.