Why become a member? ×

Ignore! Turns out it was a loose molex connector!

RustInPeace90

[s]Hey guys

My trusty DBX 1066 compressor has recently developed a bit of a fault. Well, 2 faults actually but one I tried to ignore.

Basically, on channel one of my 1066, the output meter is very intermittent and sometimes just stops working. DBX have said this could be a problem with the molex connectors (bastard things) or just the LED meter being faulty. This problem I can ignore, it's the main one that worries me.

Again on channel one, every once in a while the sound will drop out near completely leaving a thin husk of a sound, kinda fuzzy sounding and keeps doing this. For a while I tooibht it was my Sansamp or my actual Amp but I switched over to channel 2 on the compressor and the problem hasn't occurred since (touch wood). I know some people will just say "well why don't you just use channel 2?" Which is all well and good but I ised to have my compressor set up with channel one for passive basses and channel two for my active bass.

My signal chain is bass (Fender Precision or Jackson CMG) -> DBX 1066 -> Sansamp RBI -> Ampeg B2R (with a Korg DTR1000 tuner in the effects loop of the Ampeg).

I tried it all with out the DBX first to see if it was that and everything else worked fine so that lead me to try channel two which worked fine so it must be channel one.

Anyone know what it could be? I'm really annoyed this has happened as its a big part of my rig.

Thanks![/s]

Ignore, turns out the molex connector on the LED meter had shook slightly loose so after pushing it back down, it fixed everything. No problems at all now & works perfectly.

Edited by RustInPeace90

[quote name='RustInPeace90' timestamp='1423961499' post='2691045']
Don't all rush to reply at once guys ;)
[/quote]

Well, I can't wiggle the Molex connectors for you. Can you not send it to a DBX service centre and just have them fix it..? 'Sall I can recommend, but you'll have to explain that it's an intermittent fault. The trick is to provoke the fault at will (hence the wiggling, but don't put your hands on the 220v part...). It's not going to fix itself, and either [i]you [/i]find the fault or [i]they [/i]do, surely..?
Sorry if thiscomes across as harsh; no malice intended. Hope this helps.