Why become a member? ×

Instrumental Band - F'bro/Guildford/Bedfont or nearby

AgedSonics

Anyone interested in an instrumental band? Our aim is to evolve a very eclectic repertoire (so we can tailor the playlist to the gig/venue); Shadows, Ventures, jazz/lounge (like Breezin' etc), Santana, Gary Moore, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Joe Satriani....

Not high-pressure, we all have other bands, families, work commitments etc.

I have attached the list we (lead gtr, rhythm gtr + drums) have covered so far for interest.

This sounds interesting. I'm not too familiar with the specific artists' work you've mentioned but like the idea of instrumentals and jazz/lounge in particular. I play a fretless Godin A4 and I'm based in Farnborough. I have other commitments too so sounds like we could be a good fit. I'm a young 55 but I'm uneasy about the handle AgedSonics :)

I couldn't read your attachment so if you could find another way of sending me it I'd appreciate it. do you have any recordings?

[quote name='keyedit' timestamp='1423839040' post='2689587']...
I couldn't read your attachment so if you could find another way of sending me it I'd appreciate it. do you have any recordings?
[/quote]

The attachments names are 'mangled' by the System, but really they're just pdf files. Save as [whatever].pdf and they're fine.

Incidentally, I grew up in Bedfont (Monarch Close...); seems strange to see it referenced here..! :lol:

'Twang' - as I said, we aim to build an eclectic playlist, [u]anything[/u] is in scope.

Devon is quite far, but we do have a cars..... seriously, if it interests you, let's chat.

Good point re the attachment, but as you can see in the chain above, I have shared my email address [a little 'obfusticated' coz I believe they don't like us posting email addr in forums?], anyone who wants a direct attachment and/or some more details drop me a line!

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1423864548' post='2689987']

Incidentally, I grew up in Bedfont (Monarch Close...); seems strange to see it referenced here..! :lol:
[/quote]

As luck would have it, I'm playing The Bell On The Green this Saturday. That's a 10 minute walk away from Monarch Close.

Interesting ... I assumed you'd be rehearsing deep in the heart of Surrey (and yes, I know that Farnborough is actually in ... gulp ... Hampshire).

Is the plan for this to be a genuine gigging band, rather than merely a bit of fun on the side or (Gawdelpus) a vanity project?

If so, please drop me a PM.