Why become a member? ×

Mini Effects Board

Bottle

Hi Chaps

I've taken the plunge and gotten back into P&W playing at my local church (within walking distance). They've got a half-way decent foldback so I was considering going amp-less as a trial tonight. I have a Line 6 Combo amp just in case but I'm not planning on using it. Currently on my board I've got a TU-2 Tuner, a JOYO Ultimate Drive and a Sansamp Paradriver (DI into PA desk). The JOYO is set for clean-ish boost (not needing much OD into the SansAmp).

What I'm after I guess is a smaller footprint board I can take and carry in my gigbag for even more portability, so I'm looking at micro-fx pedals - tuner, drive and DI. Possibility to combine the drive and DI function in one pedal? So far I've looked at the TC Polytune Mini, Mooer Baby Tuner and their Micro DI. Any suggestions for a drive pedal, bearing in mind the JOYO is an OCD clone too? Something like the Hustle Drive? Or the Black Secret?

Anyway, cheers in advance for your help guys

Ian

I use the MarkBass mini distortion pedal, it's micro pedal.

I use it primarily as a preamp, but it does a great job as a distortion.

Check out this video here - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU55QT2TXVU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU55QT2TXVU[/url]

I'll certainly keep it in mind.

Just got back from the evening service. Played well but really struggled to hear myself over the keys. With a bit more time and tweaking we reckon we could get the sound better but for now I think I'll use my combo amp for personal monitoring. There's not much bass response in the main PA speakers as it's designed for speech, not instruments.

Still, it made me think about the pedalboard so I'll look into the 1590-sized pedals to reduce the board weight - some good ideas for drive/DI's etc

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1424072750' post='2692094']
Mooer di is great for the size
Has a potentially useful speaker sim too
[/quote]
I saw that and thought that it'd be a good idea to have. Not 100% convinced by it based on YT videos, especially on bass. Sounded a bit anaemic TBH, but that might be down to the YT video. I would certainly not base a buying decision on that evidence alone. Luckily there's a PMT branch in Cambridge so I'll head there on the next rainy Saturday and trawel through their pedal collection.

Still looking at Drive pedals - nearly all the 1590A sized nano pedals seem to be clones of full-size distortions or fuzzes, which is great but I'm looking for a more subtle thickening overdrive effect.

Cheers,
Ian

IIRC the hustledrive is also an OCD clone. You could try on Eno ES9 tubescreamer clone (it's NOT a green mile clone BTW). http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ENO-ES9-Overdrive-Effects-Pedal-Tube-Screamer-Green-Mile-Clone-/261757698977?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf1f983a1

There's a Rowin pedal which I'm pretty sure IS a green mile clone: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rowin-LEF-602B-2-in-1-Overdrive-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-with-True-By-Pass-/201278867336?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2edd27c788

IIRC the baby tuner pedals don't work for bass. I had one (Eno) and it wasn't particularly good for guitar either, but I'd be interested to hear if it worked for you..