Why become a member? ×

Eden WTDI

MacDaddy

[url="http://www.edenamps.com/products/pedals/WTDI.html"]http://www.edenamps....edals/WTDI.html[/url]

I was looking at the PJB Bass buddy, and happened across the Eden WTDI.

A third of the price, and it does all the Bass buddy does except power a speaker and have an auxiliary volume.

It also has a bit of distortion, which the PJB doesn't.

Does anyone have or use one?

I have one. It was an impulse purchase, and I haven't used it much. I have a Eden WT405, and bought the WTDI intending to use the WTDI live as most of the places we were playing were 'back line included' multi-band nights with a small bass combo DI'd into the PA. Since then I haven't gigged much and have only played with it at home. It feels a bit plasticky compared to the Eden Amp, the bass/treble boost switches are similar to a 'loudness' switch for when you are playing quietly - I couldn't see a real use for this function at gig volumes, even though the WT405 has a similar pair of switches. I have an alternative Sansamp BDDI to use, and to be honest, I would probably use that. Nothing particularly bad about the WTDI, just not quite as good as I was hoping. If someone offered me a reasonable amount of money for it, I wouldn't have any regrets about letting it go.

I don't think the WTDI intentionally has distortion, unless you overdrive the input gain perhaps. That's why I would choose to use the Sansamp in preference. I have no experience of the Bass Buddy, so can't give a comparison.

cheers

R

I've just been to check! No, only one input, one unbalanced output and one xlr output with ground-lift.

It wasn't as plasticky as I remembered, but actually quite solid and well built. The only things that felt plasticky were the little red bass and treble boost buttons, everything else felt well made.