Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb NT 1992..***TRADED***.
£1200

Scott S

Yeah, I've had this only a few weeks...

Picked up as part of a trade/cash deal with FuNkShUi (I hope that you're enjoying the P5, Kert!). To begin with, I actually found the uber-comfortable and ergonomically designed Thumb a bit "awkward", such was my being used to larger body dimensions, but I eventually adapted and grew into it making playing an absolute pleasure. The sound was, of course, spot on from day one!

I hope that Chris doesn't mind me half-inching his work...(Kert's previous ad' info')...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"So, this is a German built [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Warwick[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]thumb[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] neck through. Made in 1992.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Has a nice slim neck, that is super easy and fast to play.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]34" scale Wenge/Bubinga neck, and a Wenge fingerboard.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EMG pickups with a passive/active [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Warwick[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]/MEC 2band EQ.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Well balanced, and in excellent condition.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This does everything you'd expect. Growly tone, that punches through the mix better than anything I've used before.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The truss rod is basically untouched and the frets are also in excellent condition. This is a superb example of an early [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thumb[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]."[/font][/color]

It comes with a tweed case.

Courier delivery isn't a problem (at the buyer's expense). Based on the Wirral.

I will now consider trades for a US/Jap' Fender Precision or Jazz with cash my way.

Cheers, peeps.

Edited by MB1

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1424953360' post='2702247']
Sorry to hear you've got to let it go.
Great bass! Scott is an absolute gent to deal with too.
GLWTS!
I LOVE the P5 btw :gas:
[/quote]

Yeah, Chris, the surgery has been on the cards for years; it's just that I've only recently plucked up the courage to go through with it...both knees (not at the same time), three ligaments detached, re-sited and reattached, with bone grafts thrown in for good measure...I can't wait :unsure:

Thanks for the kind words, bud, and I'm glad that you're enjoying the Precision V.

Take it easy, Kert.

Edited by Scott S

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Musashimonkey' timestamp='1426580694' post='2719407']
A very nice bass indeed, I had a 2001 version, I paid a lot more for it than you're asking I might add. Fantastic sounding bass at a great price! GLWTS and the surgery!
[/quote]

Cheers, bud.

Yeah, I thought that it was priced pretty competitively, even at £1200, but the market appears to be stagnant atm :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...