Why become a member? ×

Wet/Dry rigs...

DanFold

How do folks?!

Not 100% where this is supposed to be posted BUT,

can the 'Royal Blood' sound be created using effectloops with blend control or various signal splitters & mergers through just ONE amp or will it just sound rubbish? I wanna create a wet/dry rig with 1 amp so I san give the sound engineers 1 d.i. signal and I can mix/monitor my clean/dirt/effected sounds through my amp on stage.

Worth trying before I spend a fortune on gear only to realise more amps are the war forward?

Ta!

Been trying this myself, it does seem easier with two amps to tell which sounds coming from where, but i've been using a Behringer (sorry) ultra-G box as a signal splitter, sending out to two separate sets of pedals, back through a mini mixer for eq and er, mixing, then into an amp set fairly flattish. Seems to work, but the stereo effect of two amps is easier. If you're starting from scratch you could go mixer-> stereo power amp -> 2 speakers?

Ahh got my rig, on to Ampeg now from Orange. just a few more peggles to purchase. I'm after tone I got in the studio, plus some pitch trickery. No stereo things goin on, just a mint blend of direct clean, maybe chuck a sansamp in there, and my filthy pedals as a second chain. Maybe a third chain for more control over pitch. If it'll sound like arse through 1 amp though I'm not gonna bother. Don't trust most sound engineers to mix my sound haha.

[quote name='DanFold' timestamp='1424421888' post='2696067']
Ahh got my rig, on to Ampeg now from Orange. just a few more peggles to purchase. I'm after tone I got in the studio, plus some pitch trickery. No stereo things goin on, just a mint blend of direct clean, maybe chuck a sansamp in there, and my filthy pedals as a second chain. Maybe a third chain for more control over pitch. If it'll sound like arse through 1 amp though I'm not gonna bother. Don't trust most sound engineers to mix my sound haha.
[/quote]

i have thought about a two amp rig but same as you i worry that a sound guy really wouldnt get it, im going to do it on recording my bands next ep. but live it might be a pain!

andy

I've run two signal paths mixed in to one stereo pair for quite a while now for dirty and dry signals. If you want to do it on a budget to see how you get on, see if you can pick up a secondhand Line 6 X3 Live which will allow you to mix stereo guitar and bass rigs together with effects to achieve what you need.

I run two rigs, it's easier to be able to EQ the bass and guitar sound independently

Basically bass runs into a MXR AB box first to split the signal and also allows me to switch either signal on or off as required

The bass route then goes though Boss Chorus, ashdown distortion, ebs octabass and then onto the Aguilar TH500 bass amp

The guitar route then goes to micro pog to generate the octave up note, ehx freeze pedal and then into a line 6 spider 4 guitar amp, I use the spider 4 as it has the smart harmonic feature which also allows to me to add an additional octave or a upper fifth to create a power chord
The foote controller for the spider also allows me to change patches and has a volume pedal which makes dropping the guitar effect in and out easy
Combine this with the lighting controller and Michael flattely eat your heart out

Picture of me planning out pedalboard

Edited by scoobystig

I have thought about chucking a guitar amp in there, but I'm already pushing my luck with moving my Ampeg rig about as I'm the only band member now that doesn't drive! haha im going to just buy bits every now and again and see how far I get.

What's the tracking like on the POG2 vs the Little POG on just using the octave up?

when I can be bothered, I like to set up my pedals in such a way as to have a clean signal, blended with another signal made up of two chains of effects in parallel. Plugging all this into a bass amp is OK, but when I plug the clean (with a bit of comp) into my bass amp, and the rest of the effects into my guitar amp, it really shines

If I was trying to achieve this with a bass amp alone, I imagine I would need a graphic with all of the high mids boosted