Why become a member? ×

Bad band, great bass player

Nicko

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1424430721' post='2696183']
Dream Theatre. John Myung's an amazing player, but just can't listen to them as a band.
[/quote]There first two albums were good, but bizarrely I find Myung a bit boring, horrible sound. Great technique but not much excitement. I've seen them live about 4 times. Shared a spliff with one of the members, good lads! When Sherinian was in the band he tried pulling my mates missus. Funny!

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1424441762' post='2696345']
Muse. I don't particularly dislike them but I think they are a bit overrated as a band.
[/quote]

Muse overrated ??? Have you actually listened to these guys playing? They are phenomenal musicians!

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1424449822' post='2696479']
Muse overrated ??? Have you actually listened to these guys playing? They are phenomenal musicians!
[/quote]

It won't make any difference mate :) Muse are another of those fabulous home grown bands that evolved and succeeded only to be slated by those who won't like successful bands and have to knock them back down. We are not allowed to succeed in the UK, it is unseemly.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1424457851' post='2696609']
Back on topic. Why would anyone want to listen to music they don't like? Can't understand it. Even if you like what the bassist is doing, if the context is not enjoyable then what's the point?
[/quote]

You have to listen to them first before you decide that you don't like them. Maybe their songs pop up on the radio. I had to tolerate half an hour of Roxette at work yesterday (we take it in turns to choose the music(

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1424458092' post='2696613']
You have to listen to them first before you decide that you don't like them. Maybe their songs pop up on the radio. I had to tolerate half an hour of Roxette at work yesterday (we take it in turns to choose the music(
[/quote]

Ah I see. I do understand the first bit through :)

Duran Duran - I'd never have gone to see them because of the demography of most of their fanbase (it would have been pointless to go to any of their shows back in the day if you wanted to actually hear their music/playing). But I really rate John Taylor as a bassist.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1424457741' post='2696602']
It won't make any difference mate :) Muse are another of those fabulous home grown bands that evolved and succeeded only to be slated by those who won't like successful bands and have to knock them back down. We are not allowed to succeed in the UK, it is unseemly.
[/quote]

Irrelevant to me where they come from - post #35, purely my opinion. Clearly lots of folks will have an opposing one. Your comment in context makes no sense to me at all I'm afraid.