Why become a member? ×

Wilkinson vs Entwhistle Pickups

Donnyboy

I've got a set of Wilkinson jazz pickups ( WBJBF & WBJBR) which I think are Alnico & I do think they are rather good.

However I keep reading ( especially here - http://basschat.co.uk/topic/235314-entwistle-bass-pickups/page__st__90__p__2521566__hl__entwhistle%20pickups__fromsearch__1#entry2521566 ) about how good the Entwhistle Neodymiums jazz pickups are and I quite fancy giving them or a least one, a go.

Anyone got any views about how the Wilkinsons compare with the Entwhistles?

Entwistle neo... VERY high output! Also the fullest sounding jazz pickup I've ever heard. As well as the least noisy... And yes, they are still very bright as a single coil should be. My absolute favourite pickups at the moment, I'm quite sad that everywhere has run out of bridge pickups! Beware though, size wise they are very deep!

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1424539133' post='2697501']
Entwistle neo... VERY high output! Also the fullest sounding jazz pickup I've ever heard. As well as the least noisy... And yes, they are still very bright as a single coil should be. My absolute favourite pickups at the moment, I'm quite sad that everywhere has run out of bridge pickups! Beware though, size wise they are very deep!
[/quote]

I agree, really good pick ups. Never liked using a Jazz bridge pick up until I fitted them but the Neo is excellent.

Love Wilkinson hardware but think there pups are crap I love Entwhistle pups but I just wish they were more of a standard size as they are so big and wide I always end up either sanding out the pickguard or pup routes to make them fit which is a bit of a pain but they do sound nice I am using the non neos in my cheap jazz and they sound like a slightly hotter vintage pup to my ears

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1424681994' post='2698984']
Thanks for all the comments - i reckon I'll be ordering the neck pickup sometime soon & wait til the bridge one is back in stock
[/quote]

Could be a while... I e-mailed them a couple of weeks ago as I wanted a set of J pickups and they haven't even scheduled a date to [i][b]make[/b][/i] the bridge pickups yet - never mind get them out into the marketplace :(

As I'm impatient I might have to go for a set of the non-Nd models :gas:

Edit: Bugger - just checked and the JBX bridge versions are also out of stock! :huh:

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1424684133' post='2699016']
Could be a while... I e-mailed them a couple of weeks ago as I wanted a set of J pickups and they haven't even scheduled a date to [i][b]make[/b][/i] the bridge pickups yet - never mind get them out into the marketplace :(

As I'm impatient I might have to go for a set of the non-Nd models :gas:

Edit: Bugger - just checked and the JBX bridge versions are also out of stock! :huh:
[/quote]

Upadate - I've just an email that estimates 1-2 months for new Neo Bridge stock....

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1424878782' post='2701495']
Upadate - I've just an email that estimates 1-2 months for new Neo Bridge stock....
[/quote]

I decided that I couldn't wait, and bought a set of Toneriders instead. Disappointed as I really wanted to try Entwistles :(