Why become a member? ×

Behringer VAmp Pro £69 from DV247

basskit_case

I see DV247 have the VAMP pro available for £69, tempted by this, but is it any good?

I have had mixed reviews, some say the amp simulation is good but the effects are rubbish.

I know Behringer has a bad rep for reliability and quality but if anybody has had any hands on experience, what did you think?

Used and abused mine for a good few years , never missed a beat , highly recommended .

Tweakable fx , some nice chorus and delay , the amp sims not bad and some great drive /distortion tones

Great for silentish practice with a load of connectivity too

69 quid well spent I'd say

Might invest in a spare ( apparently internal memory battery )

Gary
V8

I like my Bass V-Amp Pro. Ideally, to really get full use out of it, you need to use the PC software for it, it really lets you right into all the settings, which can be difficult with the hardware interface. You will need a midi to USB lead for that, but you can get one of those for under a fiver.
It's a cracking bit of kit for recording. Though I have yet to make full use of it for recording, I do use it through my PC for practicing at night. I have it in my rack, in the effects loop of my Peavey T-Max, where it is mostly used to add effects, or as a preamp for extra tone shaping.

There is a really useful thread on TalkBass about it. There's a chap on there that has written guides on how to get the best out of it, such as getting into apparently hidden settings that make a huge difference, especially to the built in tuner, or making a patch that is completely devoid of influence from the V-Amp, so you have a good place to start building new patches.

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/behringer-bass-v-amp-pro.687422/
http://www.talkbass.com/threads/behringer-bass-v-amp-pro-part-ii-get-on-back-jack-do-it-again.791182/

I should say, though, that even the chap that made those guides and gushed over the V-Amp for so long, has now started moving on to Zoom stuff.

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1424861665' post='2701196']
I had an original V-Amp and a Pod Pro at the same time, and the V-Amp was distinctly better sounding. Having said that, this is now 10+ years old (assuming it's the original version) and modeling technology & sounds should be a LOT better.
[/quote]

same here, and I had both the guitar and bass versions... Quite cool for quiet playing and recording.
I owned everything that came out at the time... J-Station, Vox Tonelab, various Boss/Roland, Line6... The V-Amp sounded best.

edit: for guitar, I still have the V-Amp2, and I like it a lot. For bass... I suspect the Zoom B3 is better. I have the MS-60B (similar sound to the B3 but in compact form) and I think it is better than the Bass V-Amp.

Edited by mcnach

• 3 weeks later...

For those who aren't aware who they're dealing with when ordering from DV247, I suggest reading this first:

http://theeccentricblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/digital-village.html?m=1

Certainly not a company I would want to deal with or support. Aside from that, most product comes from Germany with European plugs and power supplies. Each to their own though...

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1424895544' post='2701726']
You can get the B1On fo £50. Newer modling, 5 fx at once. Seams the better option to me.
[/quote]

^ This.

I have the B1Xon (with the added expression pedal), I don't actually use it much but it sounds pretty decent and has most of the same models/fx as the B3 plus a few more that the B3 lacks. Plus a tuner, drum machine and looper, it's a bargain. The B3 has a USB audio interface and XLR output though.