Why become a member? ×

Mc Millian 12 step or roland pk5/6?

ziggydolphinboy

Hi all,
im looking to get a set of midi or drone pedals .
was wondering to go for the new 12 step that seems to have good reveiws or the roland pk pedals.

the issue i have with the roland stuff is that i can buy the 12 step with midi interface and midi leads new for less that the roland pedals second hand.

i gather you cant trigger drum sounds on the 12 step and is it not as multi functional than the roland pedals?

any help would be much appreciated.

kindest regards ziggy.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have both a Micmillen 12 Step and a Studiologic MP117. They both work. The McMillen is wonderfully small and is velcroed into my pedalboard. Thus the bigger Studiologic has kind of been dethroned. I haven't used it in ages. It's not heavy, but it big and clumsy to haul around. I imagine the Roland would be a big beast to carry too, but have never tried it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking into the McMillen myself and you can trigger drum sounds from it - after all, all you have to do is put the notes out on MIDI channel 10. The manual is downloadable from McMillen's website and if you check the list of presets, there's one that does drums.