Why become a member? ×

SOLD - USA Fender Precision Bass 2003 - £485
£550

interpol52

[size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Hi everyone[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]£485

I have the unexpected opportunity to buy back the bass I wrote about in the 'lost dogs' thread, so as a result I am putting this bass up for sale again. It is priced to sell so I can buy back my old jazz bass![/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]It is a 2002/03 USA Fender Precision bass. Sunburst body, black pickguard and maple neck. The serial number Z2052268 returns a Corona manufacture in 2002/2003. I don't know the weight, it's no back breaker though as I have a glass back! [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I got the bass about a 18 months ago from what was then the Manchester Bass Lounge. I changed the white pickguard to an official Fender black one and I put in a KiOgen wiring kit. I would include the original pickguard and the official Fender tortoise shell one shown on some of the photos here. Please note that the photos show Seymour Duncan pickups, I have now removed these and the bass will be traded with the stock pickups. It is strung with D'Addario Chrome flats at the moment, they are a few months old so just starting to get nice![/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]It has been gigged and loved, there are a few knocks (see pics) to give mojo and some fret wear, in the interests of full disclosure I will add that the G string machine head is ever so (and I mean ever so!) slightly bent but has no effect on functionality whatsoever. Overall it's a killer bass and does what a USA Fender Precision should! Send me your email for better quality photos if needed![/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I am in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. Could meet within a reasonable distance of M1 J38-40 or M62 J25. I have a the Fender hard case so shipping is a possibility at the buyers expense, never shipped a bass before though so would rather not.[/font][/size]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Priced to sell at £485 so can't take any less than that I'm afraid.[/font]

[size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]Cheers[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Julian[/font]

[url="https://www.dropbox.com/sc/liazhcuhywjh3j7/AAB252bXdz3ztXgmzGT4TDWla"]https://www.dropbox....3ztXgmzGT4TDWla[/url][/size]

Edited by interpol52

[quote name='interpol52' timestamp='1425069846' post='2703724']
I've seen your JV up for sale on here Dunc! Nice! The Eden stuff too.

I love this P bass but I cant let the chance to buy back an old friend pass me by.
[/quote]

Had to withdraw the JV. In the end I couldn't do it! If your old Is that good it would be rude not to get it back, given the opportunity! The Eden stuff is great but I'm quite happy with the Berg and a lovely little Purple Chilli 112 addon! If you have noticed the Eden has gone down in price to £485.00!

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1425070880' post='2703736']

Had to withdraw the JV. In the end I couldn't do it! If your old Is that good it would be rude not to get it back, given the opportunity! The Eden stuff is great but I'm quite happy with the Berg and a lovely little Purple Chilli 112 addon! If you have noticed the Eden has gone down in price to £485.00!
[/quote]

Hope you manage to sell the Eden soon mate, I have a pretty good idea how you could spend the £485!

Some good interest here so far but nothing sorted yet!

Cheers omikin and thebassist! It sold but the buyer had to pull out.

I priced it to sell but I guess that only works if the demand is there, I think I was taught that in A level Economics! I knew it would come in useful one day...