Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Panther Special fretless 5-er Walnut...***SOLD***
£800

Scott S

I'm putting this up for sale due only to the fact that there is one, particular, bass that's out there for sale atm that I need (not want but NEED!). If the object of my desire should evade me then I'll withdraw this ad' because the Sandy is quality in its own right.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Walnut facing with mahogany core body.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maple neck with rosewood unlined fingerboard.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]35" scale.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Gold hardware.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pickups are a bridge humbucker and neck split coil.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 band EQ, volume, pan and active/passive switching.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Included Sandberg heavy duty gig bag, with Sandberg tools.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is in perfect condition; totally free of ding, dink, blemish or other nasty.[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Based on the Wirral. Happy to courier at the buyer's expense. Thanks to moonbass for the use of the pics.[/font][/color]

Edited by Scott S

[quote name='Scott S' timestamp='1424778107' post='2700272']
I'm putting this up for sale due only to the fact that there is one, particular, bass that's out there for sale atm that I need (not want but NEED!)...
[/quote]

What, just one bass you NEED? :o

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1424785146' post='2700410']
What, just one bass you NEED? :o
[/quote]

Haha, yeah, today that is. Mrs S disagrees and says that it's a passing phase and that I've said this kinda thing..."once or twice before" :ph34r:

[quote name='mrn1989' timestamp='1425467650' post='2707558']
Seriously beautiful bass, its got that Wal sort of look (body wise) if only it had frets :(
[/quote]

Yeah, mrn, its Wal-ness has been commented on before. But, hey, don't let the plain board put you off, fretlines would set you back in the region of £100 ;)

I have too agree, though, it is a bit of a looker....but I'm more than happy with its fretless 5-er replacement; roll on next week! :gas:

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1425470825' post='2707613']
Look, just stop this! I'm already feeling guiltily unfaithful to the bass I was gassing over last week... :o
[/quote]

Ahh, ras. GAS is a bit of a head "flipper", innit? I've been fortunate enough to secure the latest fretless 5-er object of my desire so, for the moment, I'm in GAS remission.

Tbh, if the Sandy doesn't soon go I'll be tempted to keep it (and even more tempted if my Warwick finds a nice, new home!).

[quote name='Scott S' timestamp='1425470299' post='2707601']
Yeah, mrn, its Wal-ness has been commented on before. But, hey, don't let the plain board put you off, fretlines would set you back in the region of £100 ;)

I have too agree, though, it is a bit of a looker....but I'm more than happy with its fretless 5-er replacement; roll on next week! :gas:
[/quote]

Just purchased a bass from the forum yesterday lol

[quote name='Scott S' timestamp='1426009250' post='2713387']
I've never had any probs with Interparcel/UPS, ras' ;)
[/quote]

Hm, can they beam me up to try it out? It's over my limit for buying on spec... plus I would feel unfaithful to the fretless fiver on which my heart is set... plus I need to sell two or three other basses first... plus... well, you get the idea. #glwts

[quote name='Scott S' timestamp='1426016684' post='2713526']
Haha, yeah, I get ya, bud, fair do's. Er, I hope that the fretless 5-er on which you've set your heart isn't the Mayones Jabba Custom fretless 5-er from Italy...which I've been playing since about 10 o'clock this morning...? :ph34r:
[/quote]

Nope, it was a new Ibanez SRF705... but then I got distracted by the GWB35 in the marketplace for just about the amount of cash I had in my Ibby-Fretless fund. So have an everything-falling-into-place bump on me!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='hawkeshealey' timestamp='1428278770' post='2739932']
had a play on this today, whilst buying scotts gary willis gwb, it's a great quality bass for someone :)
[/quote]

Cheers, Andy. I hope that you enjoy your new ibanez, buddy!