Why become a member? ×

SOLD PLEASE REMOVE. Westone Thunder lll Version 1. Circa 1983. £425 shipped inc case. Rivoli?
£425

itsmedunc

I have found a black hard case to ship the bass in. I will now include this and postage in the sale. It's one of the older guitar shaped ones. I've amended the shipping details accordingly.

Trades welcome - deally (but not essential) would like to trade for a short or medium scale bass - Rivoli, Precision, Jazz, Musicmaster, etc but try me with anything. I dont really want to add any cash to a deal but would take a bass of lesser value and cash.

Well, I didn't think I'd ever sell or trade this but I've got a Thunder 2 as well and that does the same job. I also now prefer the 32 scale of the Thunder 2 and so this is not getting the play time it deserves.

Great quality bass, lovely to play, slim Jazz like neck. It's active and passive but I've never used the active as I prefer the passive tone. It has a couple of dings that I've tried to show on the photographs. It may need some new strings depending on your preference. I'm not sure of the exact date but production started in 1983 and lasted a couple of years.

Link to Westone catalogue - [url="http://www.westoneguitars.net/basses/thunder/"]http://www.westonegu...basses/thunder/[/url]

It can be collected from Blackburn Lancs (preferred), could possibly meet up. Cost posted fully insured would be £21.90 or you could arrange your own courier.

[color=#666666][font=Palatino, Georgia, Baskerville, serif][size=4]Matsumoku[/size][/font][/color]
[b] Specs[/b][list]
[*]Body is solid Canadian ash, with a through-body heelless neck which is a laminate of maple and walnut
[*]24 frets
[*]ebony fingerboard with snowflake inlay position markers
[*]P/J style pickups with 3-way selector switch
[*]Phase reverse, 'dual tone' (Series/parallel) and active tone switches
[*]Volume, active and passive tone controls
[*]Brass nut, saddles and bridge
[*]anodised aluminium brass effect backplates
[/list]

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1424803071' post='2700661']
Lovely bass, my fretless is my favourite toy again at the moment, I think these are so under rated GLWTS
[/quote]

Cheers Rog, they are great basses and yet again I'm going to regret selling one!

That's more gorgeous than a gorgeous thing, seriously can't beat a bit of Matsumoku neckthrough stripey goodness. B)

I think it's a 1984, from the serial number, I'm actually somewhat relieved it's not the 2xP pickup variant (think those were Thunder IIs though) because I don't have to buy it get in even more trouble... :ph34r:

GLWTS!

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1425146751' post='2704518']
That's more gorgeous than a gorgeous thing, seriously can't beat a bit of Matsumoku neckthrough stripey goodness. B)

I think it's a 1984, from the serial number, I'm actually somewhat relieved it's not the 2xP pickup variant (think those were Thunder IIs though) because I don't have to buy it get in even more trouble... :ph34r:

GLWTS!

Jon.
[/quote]

Cheers Jon, one of the best basses I've ever owned. The other is my JV. Had them both up for sale? There's something seriously wrong with me! Had the sense to withdraw the JV though!