Why become a member? ×

Calling all Markbass users!!!!!

hitchy64

Hi all,
I fancy changing my rig, and Markbass is at the top of my list. Anyone out there gigging with a CMD 102P combo??? Or a 2x12 cab and head??
What's your opinion of markbass stuff????
I have heard this make before and it sounded awesome, but was a country and western band, I'm more rock.
Cheers

I haven't tried any of the options that you mentioned. My gig rig consists of two Mark Bass 2 x 10" HF cabs and Genz Benz amp.

I have no intention of changing it, unless something goes wrong.

All the volume I'm ever likely to need, Plenty of headroom and it has the definition that I like.

The rig is sorted and I'm GAS free. B)

I'm similar to Gary except I use a Puma 500 head coz it's so simple.
Only cab I would change for is Barefaced Gen 3 Super Twin thing, coz it's one less trip to the van!
[URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/DSCF0705_zpsb266c01d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/DSCF0705_zpsb266c01d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I've just not long sold my CMD102p to a fellow BC member. The only reason I sold it was because I no longer play.
If I do, I'd more than likely buy the same combo again.

It's very much a "what you put in, comes out louder" combo. The filters are very useable & it's probably the loudest 2x10 I've ever played through (the B&C drivers have a fair bit of excursion & being yellow, you get to see them move). I never needed an extension cab for any of the gigs that I did & it never felt pushed.

Also at 19kg, it's an easy 1 hand carry.

I have a cmd102 combo and absolutely love it. Have used it with and without pa support in function bands and rock bands.
If i were gigging in large venues without pa regularly I'd probably add another 2x10 cab but it has coped with large marquee parties and smsll pubs on its own. Light weight loud and flexible I'd recommend it. Bit of a noisy fan and some have criticised these for sounding a bit sterile but it works for me.

Markbass stuff is so clean and versatile you can use it to play absolutely anything! Mostly praised by jazz players, but in the 6 years I've been playing them I've noticed more and more rock/metal guys using them. Currently using an MB 4x10 cab with a Peavey all valve head and it is way too loud for any gig anywhere ever :lol:

I've used several combinations of Markbass gear - Littlemark I with 115 traveller cab, Littlemark II with 115 traveller cab, Littlemark II with 210 traveller cab and a pair of 210 traveller cabs. Also a 121P combo.

All the above were excellent and I probably should have kept them. Especially the 210 traveller cabs.

Frank

I've used Markbass since 2006, when I got my CMD121H 1x12 combo.I used it for years in rock with a 1x12 extension. It took everything I threw at it. Then relegated to backup for a Little Mark III and Barefaced Super 15. Now the rock is gone, I've put the LMIII into the combo, and keep the original combo head as a spare.
Should I ever need to ramp back up to the full 500W, I will buy the matching Traveler 121H cab for a vertical 2x12 rig.
I'm unlikely ever to go anywhere else for my loudness!

Edited by Telebass

I use the CMD 102P combo for rehersals and small gigs but for bigger stuff i sit it on top of a STD 104HR

I don't think i have ever needed to turn it up above 4 even in a really big venue, it gives you the true sound of your instrument in my opinion without any coloration.
If i need a little more character i just use my BDDI.

Can't say enough good things about their products, i use some of their effects too.

I`ve had a Markbass Little Mark Tube 500 with 410 cab, CMD121P 112 combo with NY121 112 cab, and a Little Mark 3 with 212 cab. Loved them all. I don`t currently use Markbass gear as I wanted an amp that has drive on it, rather than having extra pedals, plus lighter cabs (I know, MB not exactly heavy) but I`ll happily recommend Markbass gear to anyone - especially if using a Precision, really work well together imo. For reference, I play punk and rock, Markbass works fine for those - unless you need some drive that is.

I've been using a Traveler 210 for some time, must be seven or eight years I think, and a Little Mark II ( although lately that's been replaces by a Warwick LWA1000). Great little rig, plenty loud enough for most gigs as on bigger stages the bass is in the PA and your amp is effectively a monitor anyway :-) The fact it doesn't pump huge amounts of low end out also makes sound engineers in such situations much happier!

[quote name='Big Bass Man' timestamp='1424809874' post='2700770']
I have the Markbass Jeff Berlin combo and it's wicked!

I've never turned it above 4 and that's without an extension cab.

It has a 15" speaker and it's really shifts some air. I can thoroughly recommend them - you won't be disappointed ...
[/quote]

Totally agree with Big Bass Man.