Why become a member? ×

how do I get inside an Ashdown After Eight

Baldrick

Hi

I've recently purchased second hand a fairly new Ashdown After Eight 15w. It's has a great sound but sometimes there is a slight buzz or very fine rattle inside. Trouble is I can't fathom out how to open it up. It's completely different to my other Ashdown amps.

I've removed the 4 small bolts on the back and the 2 screws on each side which seem to hold in place the back section. This protects where the amplifier is housed but does not shift to enable access inside. Maybe it's stuck but I'm reluctant to use too much force for fear of damaging something. I've only used gentle force so far and failed to find any info on the 'net regarding this.

Has anybody found a way inside the Ashdown After Eight?

Cheers

any chance of some nice clear pictures? it might show up some more fasteners that you haven't noticed yet, i'm assuming that the amp section is mounted at the back of the combo?

are thee any fixings on the front grille? you might be able to get the speaker out and hunt for the rattling problem from there?

Matt